Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have a special hobby or lifetime pursuit that means the world to you?

Message 11 of 26

Since retiring I've become passionate about offering life story workshops locally (and soon online) for folks who want to write about their lives, but don't know where to start.

Our lives are full of experiences, adventures, and events that shaped who we are today. Unless we write about these events, they may be forgotten or never known by our families, children, and loved ones. In the Write Your Life Story, Two Pages at a Time, participants explore carefully selected life themes. My workshops are based on Guided Autobiography, a semi-structured process developed by Professor Emeritus James E. “Jim” Birren, the founding dean of the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology and an aging research pioneer considered by many to be the father of modern gerontology.

This program is open to those who want to capture their life stories to leave behind for their families or do a life review for themselves. No writing experience is required, written work will not be edited or critiqued, and there is no pressure to publish finished stories.

In this unique program, participants write from the heart on carefully-selected themes. Upon completion, they are amazed at what they were able to create. Most important, participants have a greater appreciation for their lives and those of others.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have a special hobby or lifetime pursuit that means the world to you?

Message 12 of 26

i took up cello about 10 years ago and now I play in solo recitals, group classes, and play in a semi-professional orchestra.  The last two years I took my string playing nephews (age 17 and 19) to Alaska to play with the Kenai Peninsula Orchestra!  It was a great musical bonding experience for all!  I even attended a cello camp in lancaster last summer and got to play with other adult amatuers!  fun!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 26

Hay what you Face after your not driveing a taxi, things do not look good! On finding work anywhere! Also I'm not looking for work in Moore!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 26

My hobby is baking and it's also.I'm a baker and a baker shop in western suburb and it call Naperville IL . For 9year I made mocha brownie and pumkin spice latte cupcakes  and  white chocolate cappuccino. Coffee ice cream cakes and cupcakes and itailan amaretto brownies and cheesecake strawberry cupcakes and last but lease  I made chocolate toffee truffle brownies.  And buttterfingerbrownies My bake good sale like crazy

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 26

I love jewelry designing/making, and have thousands of beads and findings.   Find it relaxing and fun.  I've gone to trade shows, and the prices are through the roof!  I subscribe to jewelry trade magazines to give me ideas.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 26

I love animals!  I have a small farm. But dogs and horses are my passion. I wanted to be a veterinarian in my younger years. Of like anything with animals. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 26

Richard,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Encore Chorale. I sang all of my life through school, community, and church, but for the last few decades have neglected this part of my life. I'm going to research where there's a similar choir in my community. I know it's an uplifting and fulfilling activity that brings much to life.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 26

Hmmm I'm just not good with this online stuff! But I'm working on it. Like to have my own limousine of my choice! So i can try to stop DUI where i can. Kenny A 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 26

I would like to have a limousine so i can help stnop DUI ! But right now i have no income & not working! I'm trying to find work. Kenny A

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 26

For the last several years I have been developing a passion for wildflowers. I have selected a small area near my home, about 1% of the area of the state of Minnesota, just west of the Twin Cities, and I hunt flowers all through the season. I've come to appreciate both the beauty and the large and small distinctions between different flowers. I hunt the flowers while hiking or while biking, stopping frequently to study them and take pictures. I hope to eventually publish a field guide for others wanting to learn about the wildflowers in this small area.P9030072.jpgGray Headed Coneflower

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera