Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Do you have a favorite expression?

Retired Community Manager

Do you have a favorite expression?

Do you have a favorite expression? How about one that makes you giggle a little when you use it?

Today I had the occasion to reply "darn tootin" to someone and it made me happy the rest of the day.

Now it's your turn! What's your favorite expression?

Social Butterfly

@AARPLynne  Remember . . . what other people think of you is none of your business!

Another one is: When you learn how much you're worth, you'll stop giving people discounts.   ---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

Solid Christine! Love that discount one!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@postman29 "Solid"  that's like the "Good Housekeeping seal of approval" equivalent😄 . Thx postman, heard it years ago in a workshop on self-esteem. Kept that verse in a notebook along with other things that I could draw on in the future. ---  Christine

Super Contributor

"Uff-da" because you never really stop being a Minnesotan. 🙂

-Mark

The medicine man at www.medicinemanplantco.com
Trusted Social Butterfly

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Solid!!! (from Linc Hayes in The Mod Squad). I guess I watched too much Mod Squad as a kid. My own kids used to wonder where I got that saying until they saw it in a movie in the early 2000's. Now even they use it with me when we text!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I luved Mod Squad @postman29 

Bronze Conversationalist

Throughout my careers as a psychotherapist and educator in counseling skills for naturopathic medicine students, my favorite phrase was Be The Medicine. How we interact with others can have a profoundly healing effect.

Now being retired, my favorite phrase is Be the Love -- a harder ideal to live, given all the strife and division in today's world. 

I can't think of any phrases I use that are giggle-able, or at least that are clean enough to share here. 😏

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cute response @DeahWA 😂🤣

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP