Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have a favorite expression?

Do you have a favorite expression? How about one that makes you giggle a little when you use it?

Today I had the occasion to reply "darn tootin" to someone and it made me happy the rest of the day.

Now it's your turn! What's your favorite expression?

Recognized Social Butterfly

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Solid!!! (from Linc Hayes in The Mod Squad). I guess I watched too much Mod Squad as a kid. My own kids used to wonder where I got that saying until they saw it in a movie in the early 2000's. Now even they use it with me when we text!

Silver Conversationalist

I luved Mod Squad @postman29 

Conversationalist

Throughout my careers as a psychotherapist and educator in counseling skills for naturopathic medicine students, my favorite phrase was Be The Medicine. How we interact with others can have a profoundly healing effect.

Now being retired, my favorite phrase is Be the Love -- a harder ideal to live, given all the strife and division in today's world. 

I can't think of any phrases I use that are giggle-able, or at least that are clean enough to share here. 😏

Silver Conversationalist

Cute response @DeahC77388 😂🤣

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Virtual Community Center 

Offering a wide variety of FREE interactive, online events and classes designed for learning, self-improvement, and fun. Learn More

Members Can Get Financial Help

Get help with student loan repayment & forgiveness. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health