Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Chat Box

I'm not sure what happened but the opening chunk of this got cut out somehow.  It was supposed to also say that I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this sort of idea before launching into my day.  LOL  Still learning.

For instance, I am temporarily on low-level steroids for my migraines (as they are the only med. I can tolerate for this condition at this time) and they tend to keep me awake and give me energy (and aggravate my anxiety, but is mitigatable with other meds. :/).

Today, my eyes popped open at 3:39 a.m. and that was it; I knew I wasn't going back to sleep. You know how when you just know?

It wasn't a bad day for this because I needed to be at the Lab by 7:00 a.m. for a blood draw (for the Endo.), anyway.

So I did that, went to the lab and waited in the freezing cold for the doors to open, got the blood draw (btw, I keep wondering why (usually older) peeps keep looking at me, and I'm thinking, "Dude, what?" Then I realize, "Oh, might be my teal green hair. LOL.

Then, I went to Walmart (ugh, I know) to pick up a few things (which is not that usual for me as I tend to stay in unless I'm going to a doctor, walking the dog or on the rare shopping trip as this one. But, steroids, so I was at Walmart.

Turns out, while I was there, I noted they were administering Covid Boosters and Flu Shots (My Primary Care had just urged me to please get my third booster - autoimmune.)

While I was waiting in line for the shot, I called my PCP to move an appointment around as I need a couple other tests before seeing her and hadn't done them yet. 

Then I stopped at the Co-Op for my favorite Gluten Free Raisin and Rye Breads before going home.

For most of you this is probably just "a day." For me, it was a big deal. 🙂 --My husband commented that I was, "Kick'n ass and taking names." LOL

And, yesterday, I fixed my sink. Had to take stuff apart, put it back together and everything.  All proud of myself.  🙂

I know there are chat rooms here, but this would have been a lot for that venue.  

This okay to do here?

Anyone else have an interesting day?

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
Super Contributor

Thank you for such a lovely reply.  

I confess I had to look up what exactly a Limerick is as I've never been quite sure, and have learned that, "A limerick is a 5-lined poem. The first, second, and fifth lines are longer and all rhyme. The third and fourth lines are shorter and rhyme with each other."   

The writing of such seems a fun and interesting hobby that would employ a thoughtful and skilled mind.  

I will have to get over to your thread and read some of your work.  🙂

What are some of your favorite YouTubes?

Soon, my clever friend.

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171 Thank you for your kind words. Love writing the limericks.  If you are interested in ever writing them, send to the Leisure & Lifestyle site I have.  Just started writing them in May.  Not an expert at all.  Glue Guns & Roses, Do It On A Dime, The Art of Improvement, Joshua Becker and Mad Fit are my current favs.  I like your question so much, I'm going to post it on Family & Friends forum.  Though lately, not getting much response. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@Rhymesometimes I've just read your latest and enjoyed it.  🙂  
BTW, the name, "Glue Guns & Roses," is inspired.  lol

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  I really like her site.  Started watch it about six months ago.  Even if I don't make most of the things, it's a nice relaxing break.

Super Contributor

That's the way I feel about the sites I have watched; whether I do the projects or try the lessons, I find the watching relaxing.

I've thought of one, btw; my BFF has introduced me to a show called "Crue Trime," wherein a girl tells a true crime story whilst putting on her make-up.  She starts with a fresh face and finishes her make-up and the story at the same time.  

I think she has links to the make-up sites on her page, but she never mentions them during the show.

We've only watched one (in tandem) so far, but I found it fun and entertaining.

Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  That sounds very cool!  I've always been fascinated by true crime, the mystery and motivation of it.  Going to look it up.  Thx.

Super Contributor

@Rhymesometimes Oh, goodie. 🙂  Welcome.  When you get a chance, let me know what you think.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MedusaE76171  Dang, I have been up since the wee hours of the morning too.  But I'm going to try and get an hour of shut-eye in now.  I think you did a ton of things in a short time.  Very productive.  Usually sleep great.  But every now and then, very early rise.  Spend it reading, writing my limericks and catching up on some of my fav YouTubes.  Talk soon "green hair goddess."😎

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP