Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Info Seeker

Re: Beauty At Any Age Sweepstakes

Message 71 of 1,118
Wash off makeup before going to bed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 72 of 1,118

just strive to be healthy and happy!  enjoy your life and your grandchildren if you have them. and my special beauty treatment is  letting my grandchildren play hairdresser with my hair!!! lol!!!

AARPLynne wrote:

AARP_Beauty_Sweeps_600x74.jpg
Want to be beautiful at any age? The editors of AARP The Magazine have created a new digital-only magazine just for you. AARP The Magazine’s special Beauty & Style digital issue is packed with tips, tricks, how-tos, and images that will help you look and feel your best. Post your favorite beauty and style tip - from the new issue or one of your own - in the forum below. Just by posting you’ll be entered for a chance to win the grand prize of a $1000 Spafinder.com gift certificate or one of 10 signed copies of The Woman’s Wakeup…How to Shake Up Your Looks, Life and Love after 50! by AARP beauty and style editor Lois Joy Johnson.

(How to download the Beauty & Style special digital issue: It’s easy to download the digital magazine to your tablet. Click here to download the AARP Publications app, then go to ‘Special Editions’ to download the Beauty & Style special digital issue.)

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1. Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2. Reply to this discussion to post your entry.

Be sure to tell us what you think about the new digital magazine by completing our short survey: click here.

Contest ends March 1, 2016. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Info Seeker

Message 73 of 1,118
Keep stress down and get plenty of sleep.
Info Seeker

Message 74 of 1,118

Always wash all of your makeup off before you got to bed! Also, drink lots and lots of water, and get plenty of sleep! Try sleeping on your back as well.

Info Seeker

Message 75 of 1,118

Thank you for the possible opportunity at this wonderful blessing! <3

Info Seeker

Message 76 of 1,118

My quick tip for beauty at any age: Water! Drink enough of it, and always remove your makeup and rinse well. Moisturize after the bath, and don't forget swimming for a great low impact workout. Relax in a hot tub! Water is the best.

Info Seeker

Message 77 of 1,118

I have issues with Rosacea and like every woman fight wrinkles.  My dermatologist has prescribed Noritate(metronidazole cream) and Doxycline for flare ups.   I felt the Noritate was a waste of time.   Doxycline would help but I would rather not have a flare up.  My solution is Honey.  I wash my face only with honey and water.....It must be raw honey which has not been heated and still retains valuable enzymes.  My skin is great.  I have had only a mild flare up in a year and a half as opposed to every month. 

I initially started by giving myself a facial, leaving the honey on my face for about 30 minutes.  I did this for a couple days.  I guess it jump starts the benefits.   I use no soap only honey and water to wash my face. If your raw honey is granular, all the better for exfoliating your skin.   I only did the facial as an initial step.  Now I only wash with raw honey and water. No soap touches my face.

I also use Virgin Coconut oil as a body lotion, especially the neck.   Helps keep the wrinkles away.  I use a smidgen of coconut oil in my raw honey when I wash my face.  My skin is soft.  I won't use the coconut oil directly on my face because of the acne outbreaks with rosacea.  So far no acne problem with a smidgen of coconut oil to my honey face wash.  I swear by these products.  Give it a shot. 

Info Seeker

Message 78 of 1,118
Ok Lets do this!
Info Seeker

Message 79 of 1,118

I use eye cream or eye serum regularly on my upper lip to reduce lines and my lipstick "bleeding"!

Info Seeker

Message 80 of 1,118

My beauty tip is-smile.  Everybody looks better when they smile, and smiling makes you feel better, too!