Nominations are open for the AARP Purpose Prize, which honors extraordinary individuals who use their life experience to make a better future for all. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Beauty At Any Age Sweepstakes

Message 1 of 1,132

I really enjoyed and learned a lot from the tips. I have an upside down triangle body shape and am always looking (rarely find) tips for my body.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 1,132
Read the whole Beauty and Style issue. Got some new ideas. Thanks.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 1,132

We all want to look good without looking older than we are and without looking like we’re tryine too hard to look an age that we said good-bye to some time ago.  I would love to find some good information to help me look professional while remaining fresh and approachable. Hip, not quite a granny is what I’m shooting for.  Working with young children and families, I need to be able to maintain a look that doesn’t say “I’m your bossy mom” in order to be relatable.  I crawl around on the floor of multiple homes and get spit up on regularly, so I would love some fashion advice that works for my profession and fits my maturity level.  Help me out here!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 1,132

I loved seeing the before and afters. I have redness around my nose and on my chin. It was an informative article to hear about using a brush and concealer and I'll be mixing my foundation with my moisturizer to make it a bit lighter and smoother going on. 

Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 1,132

Drinking a lot of water, no drinking of soda, no smoking, no alcohol. Getting decent rest, daily light workout, spending time with non toxic people. Helping others but making sure to take time out for yourself. Eating a sensible diet but not aways saying no to that molten lava cake. No makeup, no fancy hair, no fancy fashion-dont need it! Finding my inner beauty has been much more meaningful. 

While all of this may sound like a "duh" and cliche advice, this has become my lifestyle. I feel the most beautiful than I have ever felt ever!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Makeup and lotions last longer

Message 6 of 1,132

Before using any lotion or perfume or oil, warm it up.

Warming it will allow it to soak in to your skin.  Skin

pores closes up when cold is applied.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 1,132

Applying a coat of Vaseline before putting on your mascara increases the fullness of your eyelashes.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 1,132

It's the way to feel great every day and add days to our lives.  A real help to fight depression, and it motivates me to exercise.  I love it!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 1,132

Bobbi Brown suggested that older women not wear eyeliner under lower eyelids

Kudos
Views