Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you going to restaurants again?

During the pandemic, many people have continued to support their local restaurants by utilizing delivery and take-out services. Have you eaten inside a restaurant, yet? What made you feel comfortable to do so?

Check out this video to hear from etiquette and health experts on how to navigate this "new normal."

Honored Social Butterfly

It was just within the past forty-five days or so that I purchased lunch via the drive through at a fast food establishment.  Prior to that, I had been restricting myself to eating only food which I had prepared with my own hand--home cooking; that being since late February/early March.  No, I have not yet ventured into a restaurant to actually sit down and eat a meal either inside or outside on a patio.  And I do not feel compelled to do so.  I am just not convinced it is safe...for me.  So for the foreseeable future, I will continue to make home cooking my primary source of my daily meals.

Periodic Contributor

Me and my wife have eaten inside restaurants and found some to be safe and in compliance with CDC guidelines.

We make sure we have on masks, take our wipes in to clean table, and wear plastic gloves to avoid touching things directly. 

Some restaurants are up to par, and a few fall below standards. The Pandemic has forced society to pay attention to safety, sanitation and social distancing. These are all good things. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Lynn,   Yes, we have eaten at mostly those rests. with outdoor dining, and one or two inside. We ate at those because they thinned out their seating and have allowed plenty of space between tables & seats.  the wait staff all wore masks, (altho management should have reminded one or two that when your nose is sticking out, you may as well not be wearing anything at all.)  But I think we will continue to mostly order on-line & get carry-out after cold weather shuts us out of the outdoor dining, and until the vaccines become available-hopefully before the end of the year! Thx, IndyMo

We have supported our family run restaurants throughout the whole time. This is more political than virus. We do not live in fear. The restaurants are safe. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jh44422427 wrote:

This is more political than virus. We do not live in fear. The restaurants are safe. 

You are so wrong in that analysis.

Dr. Fauci, when asked if he would eat IN a restaurant at this time, answered ABSOLUTELY NOT.

He is the scientist that knows best the danger of this virus.

Science, not politics, says don't gather in groups.

I support our family run restaurants by getting take out, leaving extra tip money, and encouraging others to do the same.

But you wouldn't catch me IN a restaurant.

TOO, TOO DANGEROUS!!!!

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos