Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Adult Coloring

Is anyone else into adult coloring?  I find it soothing.  Mind, I do not one artistic cell in my body (which is odd because both my husband and my daughter are artists) and I use the color-by-numbers books so I don't have to choose the colors, but it's really enjoyable, especially when listening to an audio book.

I'm posting a picture of one I did recently; I prefer the ones on black backgrounds, but they are a little difficult to find, and would enjoy seeing anyone else's work if it's out there.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Coloring Owl.jpg

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
Kudos
Views
Replies
Conversationalist

The images on black look particularly nice. A stained glass feel to them.

Super Contributor

Two horses and a snake.
Coloring Horse (1).jpgColoring Seahorse (1).jpgColoring Snake (1).jpg

People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance. - Meme
Super Contributor

Oh come on, that mag. glass is cool.  I know you guys think so.  Did I mention it lights up and I can change the brightness and tone of the light?  

It's going to be great for coloring, yes, but also for hand-sewing, or whatever intricate work catches my interest.  

You guys want one.  Admit it.  You do.  I'd buy one for everyone if I could.  ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Got my magnifying glass!  ๐Ÿ™‚  This thing is so cool.  

Coloring Mag Glass.jpg

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I finished the Lizards. ๐Ÿ™‚  Also, so cool, I'm getting one of those mountable magnifying glass thingies with the extension arms and lights so I will be able to see better when coloring and have a shot at staying in the lines,  somewhat.  I know it's not all that important, styaing in the the lines, (in fact, I tend to eschew it in day-to-day life), but on the lighter backgrounds, I like the cleaner look.  

Very excited about my mag. glass thingy.  ๐Ÿ™‚Coloring Lizards.jpg

Super Contributor

I thought I'd post an example of "extreme coloring," which is bananas. I completed only one of them as I found it tedious rather than relaxing. Also, the spaces are so small that colored pencils must be used (which hurt my fingers after a while), rather than the Crayola Twistables I prefer, which are a combination of colored pencils and crayons.

They do make it hard to stay inside the lines since they can't be sharpened, but who cares about the lines? ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyone else into adult coloring?  It's a thing.  Really.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Coloring Cityscapes CoverAAA.jpg

Coloring Cityscapes GridAAA.jpg

Not all the pages are this complex, but most of them are.  There's no way to know what you're coloring until you've gotten to a certain point.  Which I suppose might be a fun challenge for some peeps.  

Coloring Cityscapes Grid Close-upAAA.jpg

A close-up of the tiny little squares waiting to be filled in... by someone else.  

Coloring Space NeedleAAA.jpg

This is the only one I completed (from this book). It's supposed to be the Seattle Space Needle, but if I didn't know that, I don't think I'd see it.  All that work.  ๐Ÿ˜•

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

This is supposed to be a mouse, but I swear it's a Capybara.  Tell me that's not a Capybara.

Coloring Capybara.jpg

Recognized Social Butterfly

How old are you ๐Ÿ˜ ?

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi, Racquel,

I've just turned 57, recently.
Since you ask, how old are you? ๐Ÿ˜  
And where is everyone finding the cool emojis?  (I copy/pasted that one from the net.)

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP