Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

A TYPICAL DAY IN WAIKIKI

A Typical Day in Waikiki

I was sitting behind a young woman on the bus this morning. She carried a tiny dog in a pouch nestled around her belly. With careful strokes and with soft affectionate words, she soon began wiping specks from the dog’s eyelashes.   After I left the bus, I saw a man sashaying down the street. He repeatedly lifted his hands while brandishing an amped-up speaker blasting out heavy metal.  Before I got to my condo, I saw many families from various ethnic backgrounds wearing pristine multi-colored, look-alike outfits hi-lighted by mosaics of dots and ebullient swirls. As I continued on my way home, I overheard tourists of all ages joyfully conversing in Scandinavian and Slavic languages.

Late afternoon at a hula performance at the Royal Hawaiian Center, there was a cute distraction: I saw a toddler effortlessly swing on the side railing of the stage, much to the delight of her parents and the audience. Just after I left the concert, I noticed a young lady carousing with some of her friends at a juice bar. Then as I approached, she twitched and began to salaciously rotate her hips. Whoa!

There are so many ways to freely express oneself in Hawaii.  Vive la difference!                 

schlomo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP