Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

A TALE OF TWO CULTURES

A TALE OF TWO CULTURES

Two written statements (one woke and one evangelical) resonated with me when I was recently in Las Vegas and in Albuquerque. A sign on a restroom in a public park in Las Vegas read: “All-gender restroom: anyone can use this restroom regardless of gender identity or expression.”  I had never seen in person such explicit inclusive information about access to a bathroom. Across the partisan divide, I came across an Albuquerque born-again weather forecast site (weatherforyou.com) that ended with this unequivocally theological statement: “Like all things, this site belongs to Jesus Christ... He just trusts us to maintain it.”

We live in two radically opposed worlds seeking hegemony in America: let’s keep the battlefield purely verbal.   As long as perceived inflammatory rhetoric is not a call to arms, and we don’t get buffaloed, viva la difference between the ultra-left and the ultra-right.

schlomo
0 Kudos
Contributor

There are those who build and there are those who tear down. This is not insignificant.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In addition to the Left VS Right sparring, I recently read a piece from a homosexual author who made the usual claim that; "apart from our sexual desires, we're just the same as everyone else". And that got me to wondering if that little quirk in the gray-matter that tells the one in fifteen aberration to be excited and breathless about the same equipment that they have between their own legs, is it logical to think that is the ONLY little quirk in the synapses of that three pounds of  thinking material ? I'm sorry, but it just doesn't seem that logical to me.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP