Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

A SIDEWALK CONFRONTATION

A Sidewalk Confrontation

Yesterday, as I was walking on my usual route, I saw a bearded, barefooted man wearing a ragged coat drop some food scraps a few steps away from me. Suddenly, a host of birds dive bombed on that spot, blocking my way as they feasted on the leftovers.  Fearlessly and perhaps foolishly, I began to shoo them away so that I could continue my walk. The phalanx of birds didnโ€™t appreciate being interrupted. Before they grudgingly flew away, they swarmed all over me. I felt that I was going to be assaulted (as in Hitchcockโ€™s The Birds), so I flung my arms in a whirlwind to ward them off. Luckily, I didnโ€™t hit any birds, and no birds pecked at me. I escaped unscathed but shaken.

Itโ€™s illegal to feed birds on public pathways in Honolulu. I am now personally aware of the ensuing danger. The misguided man who scattered the morsels on the sidewalk is a burden to society. He would be more productive if he emulated the legendary Birdman of Alcatraz.

schlomo
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Schlomo, schlomo ๐Ÿ˜ฏ what are they teaching you? what are you teaching?

Homelessness is not a crime.

"a burden to society"  - all too often ardent nationalists with brown shirts can easily break 'your windows' and thru various methods force the 'burdens' rounded up to ...

It is very easy for people's lives to be really uprooted thru no fault of their own. Even with your employable skills and knowledge - 'you can be made/ deemed a burden to society' no fault of your own.

Right now there are over 900,000 plus refugees along the borders of eastern europe - essentially homeless women and children - 'some' will say are 'a burden to society.'  What do you say?

---> Jewish views of poverty, wealth and charity - Wikipedia

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The feeding of birds is small bread crumbs in the grand scheme of life which you can easily address; is there a need to make a caste system?  ๐Ÿ™„

๐Ÿค”   --->  The Low Spark Of High-Heeled Boys - YouTube

You have rightly berated me (as has my wife) for my insensitivity regarding the man as "a burden to society." I was more concerned about making a pun on the word bird than the repercussions of that judgemental statement. I deplore white nationalism in all of its guises and disguises.

I have omitted the last paragraph altogether and replaced it with what I hope is a much more appropriate ending.

The next time that I see birds congregating in front of me as they eat scattered morsels on the sidewalk, I will wait for them to finish their meal before resuming my walk. Iโ€™d be a bit of a birdbrain to do otherwise.

schlomo
Bronze Conversationalist

It can be said I was 'over zealous and semantical' - acknowledged; for that I apologize to all.

๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos

Thanks for your indulgence.

schlomo
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness @OneDayMatisyahu ... you are wise beyond what we can hope...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP