Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 4

When going vegan stop and think about how you approach things.  When I made the change I was starting a new cooking class on plant base cooking.  So I jumped in with both feet.  That was six years ago and have not looked back.

Search out web sites and blogs that can help you fine information and recipes too make the transition easier.  (One web site I still follow is nutrition facts.org)   This one is written by Dr. Micheal Greger M.D.  He gives tons of information in his blog and videos.  He has also written two books loaded with info ( How Not To Die) and (How Not To Die the cookbook).

The thing to remember is to eat the rainbow, stay away from the processed foods and Read your labels.

I always remind myself that animals (horses,cows, sheep) need protein and calcium guess where they get it from.

Good luck and have fun with your food.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Eat rice, corn and wheat.

When hungry, eat a potato.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4
  1. Your food (vegetables) should have an array of colors on the plate—even looks good. 

2. Use hummus or avocados to replace mayo and other dairy spreads on sandwiches. 

3. Notice how much better you feel after the meal without that heavy overstuffed slow to digest meal. 

4. Use beans and lentils in a lot of different ways. 
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Going Vegan

Message 4 of 4

iStock-466617090_GMVozd_-_Cooking_50.jpg

Thinking about going vegan? No diet overhaul is ever easy, and adopting a vegan diet — one that eliminates meat as well as staples like dairy and eggs — can be challenging. Small steps over a period of time could make it more manageable and easier than you might think. Find out how!

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors