Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Cut out pre-packaged food for a healthy plate! Share your tip!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Cut out pre-packaged food for a healthy plate! Share your tip!

JohnB won with this tip in our AARP Rewards Healthy Plate contest during Week 2, with a great tip worth sharing for all!  "Fresh foods only no more pre-packaged frozen meals loaded with chemicals and preservatives. Replaced with whole wheat pasta, faro, lentils and couscous. Goodbye to sugar and sweet desserts with every meal. We have replaced with fresh fruits and berries!"

Although our contest is over, you can still share your tip on what foods are good to eliminate for a healthy plate!

Check out The Right Way to Freeze Fresh Foods for Later to learn more about prolonging the life of your fresh foods and earn AARP Rewards points.

AARPTeri

Lots of things can be made just as quick as instant packets, I sort of borrowed the amounts of rice and orzo, 1/2 cup of each, add two teaspoons of butter in a glass casserole dish n microwave on high for 2:30 minutes n stir, add 2 1/3 cups water heated for 2 minutes with garlic salt n pepper n a sprinkle of parsley with 2 teaspoons low sodium better then chicken bouliion paste add together n cover with press n seal wrap and microwave for 6 minutes 3 times, stirring in between and it is just like Lipton rice pilaf but no preservatives

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Well it starts with a little cut here and a little cut there, Next thing you know you’re not purchasing anything that’s not Healthy. Knowing what we know now gives us a head start 

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Contributor

I did that as well + then I noticed I was shopping on the exterior walls. Which I've learned is the healthiest way to food shop!

Karen 

Social Butterfly

I have switched to organic beer exclusively!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats JohnB 😁

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP