It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: why marriages fail after 25 years

Message 41 of 45

We were best friends. After 32 yrs. of marriage and 3kids, I didn't want him touching me anymore. So he found someone else. I never had a lot of interest in sex anyway, I fantasized about it with other men, because he was more like a brother and best friend than a lover. I also thought that he would be losing interest in sex by our 50's  and we could grow old together without too much intimacy but I guess that was unrealistic on my part. He did continue to tell me he loved me until right up to when I found out he was meeting his old high school girlfriend. So it has been very hard for me to be apart from my best friend during the worst crisis of my life. Like someone else said on this site, divorce is worse than a death, because the person is gone because they chose to be, not because death separated you.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 45

I have been married for 30 years to a man who was emotionally and verbally abusive but I choose to try to make the marriage work not matte what, but over 2 years ago my husband discovered a younger woman in his excercise class who understood him and was fun and was sexy and so ended the marriage - he choose her to fill in the years of planning and hopes and dreams... it has been hard but I think I alwasy knew it would end this way as he worked over an hour away from home and alswys choose to come home whenever he wanted to and I was the wroking but stay at home mom..nurse maid.. caretaker.. but never his friend.. freindship in marriage is key .. but we never were freinds...

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 45

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case too many times.  How many years were you married?  Are you now divorced?  How about the kids?

SallyJo

In Response to why marriages fail after 25 years:

My marraiage failed, because he know longer wanted to be responsible for me and our children. Guess who helped him in his career? The truth of the matter is, he was more interested in St. Pauly Girl, and Bud Weiser. 

Posted by 56hannah

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

why marriages fail after 25 years

Message 44 of 45

My marraiage failed, because he know longer wanted to be responsible for me and our children. Guess who helped him in his career? The truth of the matter is, he was more interested in St. Pauly Girl, and Bud Weiser. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

why marriages fail after 25 years

Message 44 of 45

Kudos
Views
Replies