What's a 'skimmer scam?' Find out on AARP Live. Watch at 10 p.m. ET.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: why couples divorce after so many years of marriage

Message 21 of 32
What a load of rubbish! Sex had grown stale in my relationship so found someone new who could "rev it up". Don't know who you are but get into the pace!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 32
Sometimes the trust issues cannot be overcome, especially if there is no desire on the part of the wife due to the husband committing adultery, and further complicating matters by fathering a child. Some men think by what is in their pants, without thinking out what the ramifications would be as a result of their infidelity and the hurt and pain they cause to the entire family. And, it's not just the wife that suffers, but the children as well. Don't think that the children don't know ! The trust and respect for their father is gone. And, what about the child that was fathered? To know that he was conceived by adulterous parents is a difficult thing to overcome, and rejection by the other children as well. Men, THINK before you take an "innocent" step forward with the opposite sex, thinking "it's only a friendship,and she's someone you can really talk to", as that first step IS adultery. Women, this goes for you as well. Ask yourself first: who will get hurt if I do this and what would my children and wife think about me if they find out? Is it worth losing both your wife and children for the rest of your life? Been there....done that. It is NOT worth it
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 32
The older you get, and the longer your marriage. The better you get. Happiness is their for all of us. The worst thing that can happen, is if either one of the partners start spending to much time with some other man or women that has been divorced. If your "Friend is happily married" That is the person that is your friend. "Remember" Misery loves company. Live, Love & be Happy. God Bless.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 32
Some couples are no financially ready when retirement comes and get they get divorced because there are more benefits available for divorced people. In a lot of cases couples get divorced for the financial benefits and continue to live together.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 32
Good for you. It is always good to hear success stories.

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 32
And your point is...? How are your "looks"? Still the ravishing,vivacious,exhilarating woman you were 30 years ago? I am married to a woman who,by todays standards,is not the 'cream of the crop',but she has a heart as big as the great outdoors and the mind of a scientist! That is why I am drawn to her,why I adore her,and why I find every day with her is a new adventure in life! I thank the Good Lord that He brought our paths together.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 32
When I worked in a Pharmacy, I loved watching the men come to pick up those blue pills. They seemed to "puff up" like a rooster as they put the $100 bill down. They left happy. The times I saw them leave unhappy was when the little woman came in with them and made them cut the order in half. I always wondered if they had been a bad boy, if the household money was tight that month, or if she had a huge headache. There were a few times that I wanted to call the doctor and asked him why he didn't write a second scrip to make that little woman go temp. blind.

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 32

That little blue pill does not improve their looks.

Animated Emoticons

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 32
I think it is much more complicated than sex. I would like to think that relationships are based on more than just sex. If not, it is no wonder that so many do fail. I would hate to think I have no more worth than that. I wonder if there are any stats to back up this claim about women. Could be that women grow weary of kissing frogs. Keep in mind, the men age also. That little blue pill does not improve their looks.

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 32

well I think its women can no longer have sex  or it hurts to bad ... I really do think that ....there is now meds that can help that ... women go off harmones and loose interest

Kudos
Views