Social Butterfly

Late Life Divorce ✂️

How are you doing?

I am glad now that I instigated my divorce. At the time of thinking about following through, I kept coming up with excuses. My ex-husband was not a bad person, we got married too young. As I matured, he didnot and I felt like I was doing everything. Hmmm, so I started to wonder what I needed him for? Grateful we had no ties like a house, bank accounts or kids. I just quietly filed my papers while he was off in another state supposedly visiting his family. When he decided to return home, I handed him a copy of the finalized papers. To this day I giggle when I think of his face. Yes, this very naive girl at the time divorced you 🤣😂 I have zero interest in getting married again. Too set in my ways to go back to dealing with another man. We can date, but he has to have his own place and car!

unnamed.jpg

Angela
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Join The Girlfriend and AARP® Staying Sharp® for a special live Facebook event on June 17th at 7:30 p.m. ET! Therapist Rachel Noble will discuss tips to create well-being and joy as we emerge from the pandemic.

Members Can Save More When They Travel

Save when booking a flight & hotel package. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health