Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: He regrets marrying me over 20 years ago

Message 1 of 6

That is terrible.   He takes a big chunk of you life NOW decides he regrets marrying your 20 years aog.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Knock, Knock!     So if I may be so bold, How is it going?  I don't see any more posts from you.

Just wondering, some of us still care here and more then willing to listen.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Hang in there!  I've been through a divorce more than once and it isn't fun.  At the same time, being alone is SO much better than being in a relationship that isn't working, no matter the reason.   

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6
Hang in there. Chances are it has NOTHING to do with you. I recently went through this myself... Just focus on yourself. If there are things you can improve, improve them. It's okay to love someone and not be with them, but it's very painful if you won't let go and move on.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

There is no "love" without respect! You might have had common beliefs & goals in life, but that's not all it takes to love each other. Better to go forward & have your own life, with love & respect for yourself!

Just FYI, when a friend of mine was going thru marriage counselling as a last resort before divorce, the therapist explained that people often find it difficult/uncomfortable to examine how the relationship had changed for the worse over time. Or to "justify" divorce when their spouse was the same loving person they'd always been. So the easiest thing for them to do, to justify a divorce, is to say that they never really loved their spouse in the first place, but made a mistake/were manipulated into getting married way back when.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

He regrets marrying me over 20 years ago

Message 6 of 6
My soon to be exhusband regrets marrying me. I did not know that at all. How do i go on from here, forward thats all i can do. I realized that this is why things were the way they were with us. We love each other but have no respect for each other as far as, religious beleifs, life style, and life ethics. All i know is this is over, only thing we have in common was sex, i need more then that.
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies