Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Are There Any MORE Good One's Out There!?

Periodic Contributor

Are There Any MORE Good One's Out There!?

I don't know the worst of the evils....

Those giving up because it's all about them & free of life's Chapters?

Or those that want it free because they can manipulate someone who Loves them....

With or without a Marriage License until another, Better one comes along....

REAL!?

What ever happened to I know who I am & I'm a Grown **** Adult! I'm responsible for not just myself but when my partner is weak.....I STAND BESIDE THEM...TO DEATH DO US PART!!!

I don't want a convivence for life, but a GOD given Spouse that Will be Beside Me to THE END! 

People have to much out there that they use for choices that rip them & their Partner life apart!!

I don't know if there is ever going to be any more GOD Promise of to Death Do US Part!!!

It's sad because when I had this & it was a Real thing....I Thank You GOD, it was the Best of life!!

What I would give now to find that "1" last SoulMate at 62. All Stay Blessed Kathy 

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Hi Nicole

Nice to see few new posts you've done & liked quotes Thanks! 

I check out this forum every so often for new posts... this was my 1st one to post on back in 2014... really was a blessing then

Another day more time I'll reply to your other lead

Its always good to know we're not alone and others are here for us

Thanks again

🎄Have a blessed & beautiful Holiday season everyone🎆

Ginger :  )

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) 🤔SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 20, 2022 3:45PM EST🤔

"Good" can mean so many things.

At age 64, divorced once, I no longer believe in the fairy tale romance and now live one-day-at-a-time.

I got married for the wrong reasons, wanted to be married/lol.

After that "less than a year" situation (I divorced him), I have zero interest in sharing my space with anyone = no roommates either.

So yes, there are "honest" folks out there and hopefully you guys will "discuss" things before heading down the aisle.

Thankfully there were no children involved as too many times they get the bad end of the deal. Trust me, I lived with it while growing up and finally this year have peace and a promise to never put my only child through what I went through.

Yes, she was wanted, but sadly her father chose drugs over us. He died this year from his habit. Sad for her as an adult as it has affected her dating. But we are "best friends" and all I can do is luv her and listen.

Great question @Mullenbk !!!

Nicole 🙂

Silver Conversationalist

it seems like the ones who say there are one of the good one usually arent. its when someone else says they are,then you might have someone worth looking at.

Regular Social Butterfly

I so agree with everyone there are wonderful possible partners out there; but I also want to suggest we don't necessarily need a new partner. My mom lost her best friend early in her life (but late in his). She never seemed interested in another and dedicated her life to our lil sis (their child together).

Now, as elder female who discarded my love due to my own actions, I've not found any desire for a replacement. At one time, I thought we might get back together but that didn't happen. I've been solo for decades now and that isn't so bad; not sure why everyone wants everyone else to be couples; some who've had the best don't need replacement, me thinks...

Please consider we don't all need to be a couple?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Periodic Contributor

I'm very sorry for your loss.   My husband was a good actor...until he wasn't and just had an affair.  No warning.  When you're married 35 years, you think you're safe, but there's no such thing.  I did meet someone wonderful two years ago, much younger, and lovely.  Newly divorced, my gut told me he wasn't ready though he swore he was, and I fell hard.  I should have trusted my gut.  On the bright side, we are still friends, and I'm betting we will be for life.  He made me feel appreciated and relevant again, and he says I've helped him in innumerable ways.  Yes, I know there are good people out there.  There are some horrible ones as well.  I love easily and with my whole heart.  And when I love, it's forever.  I hate what my husband did, but I'll never really hate him. I wish my newer friend and I could be more, but it's not to be.  I'll guard my heart and keep to myself.  Lonely, but safer.  Hopefully, we all find what we're looking for.

Contributor

Yes, we are out here!!  I lost my wonderful wife suddenly earlier this year.  I opened every door for 38 years and now miss holding hands like we did at every chance we had. Being alone at 63 after having a great relationship is hard to do. Even excruciating somedays.  But don't lose hope, just be careful. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mullenbk you will meet someone when you are living a life that makes you happy. We attract what we are 💚 Happy attracts happy 😉

Social Butterfly

Yes there's still good hearted people, who like some of us, are wandering around searching for our "soulmate". I understand the vows quite well and true "till death do us apart" should mean you stick it out till the end. Unfortunately for some of us, that wasn't the case and divorce was the only option. Have fallen in love a time or two but turned out we weren't soulmates. Time and patience, your soulmate will come.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank You Ray, Yes there are still plenty of Good People in the world & we all see it!

But for this process of life to The End, it's harder each day to find 😞

You have a Blessed Sunday & I hope to chat with you again....

Social Butterfly

@Mullenbk there are still good people out there. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP