Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Info Seeker

Re: where can I find free legal consul on 401k accounts

Message 1 of 4 (565 Views)

Hi, I came across your post and was wondering if you ever got any help on this matter?  I would be happy to refer you to a finanical professional that specializes in this area and would provide a consultation at no cost if you're still interested.  

If so feel free to send me an email at lkelly@ft.newyorklife.com or call me at 585-248-6712.  I hope to hear from you!

Lyndsey 

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 4 (804 Views)

thank you for your concise and understandable answer..twice I had inquired with Transamerica and I could'nt get a satisfactory answer which led me to believe it was something shady going on...Again, thank you.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4 (809 Views)

From the reading I did, Transamerica is often cited for how their revenue sharing, and losses, are handled. It looks like this is the way they handle expenses. They go right to the shares. Fidelity does not do this. It would appear this is all legal, but not the best way of handling the fees.

I would think someone at the company could explain this.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

where can I find free legal consul on 401k accounts

Message 4 of 4 (853 Views)

when I started my 401k with my employer my acct was handled by fidelity,which did good, I had no problems. Then the company switched to Transamerica and for a while it seemed okay. Then in sept 2016 Transamerica updated thier website and the problem began. I am long shares in a particular mutual fund . The quantity of my total shares would not decrease till there were plan/admin fees which hit the acct monthly and the shares long would decrease by the equivalent dollar vaue of the fees.. Now since the website update the quantity of my shares are decreasing daily,even on weekends by roughly 0.012 shares. The company response was its market depreciation. Doesn't seem right, market depreciation reduces the value due to the doolar price change,it should not reduce the amount of shares you have..Am I wrong. Is there any help outside the company I can go to in cases like this