ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Trump Moves to Roll Back Obama-Era Financial Regulations - AND REVERSING OBAMA ERA FIDUCIARY RUL

Message 1 of 3

@pc6063 - Have you read some of the other posts, that explain all the ramifications of this original mandate .. and how much it would cost people who don't do much trading, but would have to pay a flat 1% - 2% of the value of their IRA as a fee for account management .. even if everything just sat there all year?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Trump Moves to Roll Back Obama-Era Financial Regulations - AND REVERSING OBAMA ERA FIDUCIARY RUL

Message 2 of 3

Good God--with all Trump's declarations to protect the little guy, can't his supporters see what is happening?  He has appointed Wall Street moguls and billionaires to his cabinet.  Dodd-Frank was put into place to protect America from another crash--and this guy is doing a good job?  I'm seeing my financial consultant this coming week--not me, not this time. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Info Seeker

Trump Moves to Roll Back Obama-Era Financial Regulations - AND REVERSING OBAMA ERA FIDUCIARY RULE

Message 3 of 3

Looks like Trump is going to return us to pre-2008 crash regulation and has included the Obama era consumer protection in these planned regulatory rollbacks - the fiduciary rule.

I don't know what to expect at this point but Trump is handing the keys to the country right back to the people who crashed everything before and screwed over so many everyday people.

Here's the New York Times article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/business/dealbook/trump-congress-financial-regulations.html