Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Selling home and bankruptcy

Message 1 of 2
It depends on price and timing. If you are in a fast selling market...you can try selling it yourself. Where will you go?
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Selling home and bankruptcy

Message 2 of 2
Hello, we have had to declare bankruptcy (chapter 13). Medical cost and few increase in our SS has left us unable to pay the mortgage. Have tried the reverse mortgage, consolidation loan and counseling. We own our home and the judge says we must sell to pay off debt. No problem with any of this process. Our house is 50 yrs old, well built with only cosmetic issues and in a fast selling area. Our health and financial issues have made simple repairs, packing and cleaning a longer slower process. My question is should I sell by owner or through a realtor? To show the house now without cleaning and some touch up would hurt the price. I have to put it on MLS now. We are continuing to work on the house. Any suggestions? Any thoughts on how to get the most out of my home considering our present condition? Thank You, Tim
Matt 25:31ff
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark