Get on the Road Without Breaking the Bank – Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Here 

Info Seeker

Re: Looking for Financial Counseling Advice

Message 1 of 6 (1,596 Views)
Thanks for your recommendation.
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (1,614 Views)
You may have success listing it on Ebay or any real estate site. There are brokers who specialize in timeshares.
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 6 (1,657 Views)

The main thing mentioned was the time shares.  If I heard correctly they own 4 of them.  I've never owned a time share so I'm not knowledgeable on this subject.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6 (1,671 Views)

"....The titles of Financial Adviser, Financial Consultant, and Financial Planner are interchangeable with all types of commission based sales people...".

At the least, you want a Certified Financial Planner (CFP).

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 6 (1,677 Views)
Your friend wants to unload a timeshare...and needs financial guidance for existing investments, Social Security, pension...or what?
Info Seeker

Looking for Financial Counseling Advice

Message 6 of 6 (1,710 Views)

I have a friend who recently lost their spouse.  This person is a senior and is in need of some financial guidance.   Does AARP offer any kind of unbiased financial counseling for their members?  The titles of Financial Adviser, Financial Consultant, and Financial Planner are interchangeable with all types of  commission based sales people.  My friend needs unbiased financial counseling and guidance.  One of their questions is how to unload, let go of, etc. time share plans so they are no longer responsible for the maintenance fees / dues.