AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Re: Investing with a Conscience

Message 1 of 3

Is there some way to read the article online? I want to send it to my investment advisor.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Investing with a Conscience

Message 2 of 3

Any suggestions from those funds on individual companies that are socially responsible, and good stocks? A lot of us here don't like mutual funds.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Investing with a Conscience

Message 3 of 3

Disappointed that the article about "Investing with a Conscience" in AARP Bulletin December 2016 did not go a bit further. Though it mentioned the Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment (USSIF.ORG) it made no mention of the "Sustainable & Responsible Mutual Fund Chart" which is a great resource. These types of funds have been around for a long time. I have held a Parnassus Fund IRA sice the early 90's and its one of the top performers. The chart allows you to sort by 3, 5 & 10 yr returns, select the fund type and expense ratio etc. The article also only mentioned 1 SS fund which wasPax which I once did have but Parnassus, Calvert & Ariel have better returns. 

I searched everywhere for a place to a comment to the specific article but never found it. So for those of you wanting to move to more sustainable investments, I would highly recommend checking out this organization and the Mutual Fund chart. 

Healthy, happy and maybe prosperous (though not at the expense of our ethics, land and water) New Year

LorraineH