10 things you need to know before voting in the midterm election. Find out more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Financial Planning Software Suggestions?

Message 1 of 4

Thanks for the recommendation. After spending a good part of yesterday relinking external accounts and manually updating other accounts in the Merrill Lynch 'My Financial Picture' product, I'm I ready to abandon ship and start over. As I told a couple of the Merrill Lynch support folks I called yesterday, I was dismayed how poor their user design/experience is. I've worked in IT for many years, so perhaps I'm more critical than many folks. Anyway, in addition to looking at the MyWealth subscription products, I might also look at some Mac products; e.g., Quicken, etc.

Mark @WalksInPortland
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

https://www.mywealthtrace.com/

Used the free version for a year, then became a paid subscriber. Good stuff. Monte Carlo simulations, variable inputs, what-if scenarios, slider bars for instantaneous feedback on changing returns, retirement age, expenses, etc. Feeds from all your accounts if you want. I meet periodically with the fellow that authors the software to go through my plan. I also have the Vanguard and Fidelity planners, and have used T.Rowe Price...i like this more. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Excel.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Financial Planning Software Suggestions?

Message 4 of 4

I'm looking for windows software that will help with projections. I know my soc security and pension at diffferent ages and income from ira. I'd like to try some software that allows me to input these incomes and also expenses and tax assumptions for seeral decades. Can anyone suggest anything?

Kudos
Views
Replies