Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Extra Retirement Income

Message 1 of 11
Hi Vicky,

if you don't mind me asking what are these several online sale sites?
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

I thought about doing this too but felt that it was too late in the season, but there is always next year. I hope you are not in my neighborhood lol

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

What type of shops are looking for items? Ty

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

I only start the plants in the basement.  I have 2 shelf units with 6 flourescent bulbs each.  I can grow 24 flats on this.  I do not attempt to produce veggies in the house, only start them then move outdoors.  With tomatoes, your friend is partially right, tomatoes need a pollinator but not necessarily bees.  Movement from wind can help do it.  To grow indoors you would need to hand pollinate.  Tomatoes love heat, humidity and sun, so I don't think indoors would be ideal.  Could you put a tomato plant in a large pot or 5 gallon bucket (be sure to have drainage holes in bottom) on your patio?   Try one indoors and one outdoors and compare the difference.  I love experiments!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

Hi all,

I am new here so I hope I'm posting appropriately. Mj6966, those are great ideas. I would like to do this. I live in an apartment with no yard, but I do have a patio. I grow a LOT of houseplants in my apartment and out on the patio weather permitting. I think I will try to do something like this. I have a question for you. How do you grow the veggies in your basement? Do you have a grow light? A cuple years ago I wanted to grow some tomatoes in my apartment, but my friend told me the plants wouldn't get tomatoes unless there were bees around to pollinate them. How do you habdle that? I would love to hear any tips you have for growing veggies indoors. Thanks for posting your ideas!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

The town I live has a Plasma Center where you can go to donate plasma & get paid for doing so. The company is out of Orlando, Florida, called Biotest.There is different companies & have a different pay scale. The pay can go from $25 & up (here it is $50) it all depends on the company. You can go twice a week, so depending on the pay you could earn $100 or more in 1 week. So check to see if there is a Plasma center near where you live or do some research on line at different companies & what their pay & requirements are. Most times it will take about an hour to do so could be easy money.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I have sighned up with several online garage sale sites. You can post anything and everything on these sites. Find sites in your area and clean out your closets, garage, or just get rid of things you no longer need or want. One man's junk is another man's teasure.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

I have been cleaning out my house. I mean REALLY cleaning out my house. I have been taking the gently used items to consignment shops. Different shops are looking for different things and pay accordingly. I have used 3 different shops. So far I’ve made a little over $500. 

Not a long term solution but good way to make a little $. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11
Thank you!
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

Hello, @mj6966, what a fun way to earn some extra money doing something you love. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Online Community! 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season