Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: web site not working with google chrome

Message 1 of 9

This link appears to be broken in Google Chrome.So it's a Chrome-specific issue and has nothing to do with DNS Servers or your Internet connection. The support page on the Chrome website suggests that you clear your browser cache, delete the cookies and scan your computer for malicious software to fix the issue. and if you still having an issue once go to the  MS PowerPoint Customer Care  Helpline and get help?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

chrome would not work until I cleared the cache (clear browsing data) - cookies and restarted. Everything works now.

Must of changed something on the website that was cached?

SC

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9
None of the links in the email about rewards are working in FireFox either. Seems like an issue with all browsers?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9
Thanks, I'm having the same problem.
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

I would love to help but not sure what you are referring to when you post about a promo code?  Please provide more information so we can help.

Thank you.

@jb10626822 wrote:

Since AARP updated I have note been able to find a promo code or were to put it if I should find it.

I left a message to AARP and no response.   I am just using a Kindle. Thanks for any help . Joyce

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Since AARP updated I have note been able to find a promo code or were to put it if I should find it.

I left a message to AARP and no response.   I am just using a Kindle. Thanks for any help . Joyce

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone.  Yes, I had noticed the differences in type.  I was speaking to a techie today about a different computer concern and was told that the different internet engines are continually making changes to their setups so this must be one of those times for Chrome and Firefox and AARP may not have had a chance to check compatibility with the new systems.  Remember, this was all supposed to save us time?  :-)

Trini
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Trini,  thanks for the input. 

For the past 2 weeks or so,  the site has been refusing to let me log in with either  Chrome or Firefox.  Not always,   just at certain times of the day,   some days,   not others,  no discernible pattern.    (At first,  I just assumed I had been banned,   lol )

That is when I discovered I.E. would work when the others didn't. 

Also,  have you discovered,   that sometime the typeface (font size) appearance in posts will change dramatically when you view in the various browsers?   I learned that unfortunate aspect to this new system when I looked at something I wrote the next day,  the type had enlarged itself to such proportions it looked foolish.  But,   that  was not how I had entered it.  (?) 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

web site not working with google chrome

Message 9 of 9

Hello everyone,

This is my first post.  I use google chrome and all was working okay until yesterday when I entered my promo code for rewards for good on the aarp site promo code box and it told me it was invalid.  I figured it was one of those glitches buit tried again today and same problem.  Also today kept getting a message that I was using an insecure site and needed to access an https site to enter a code.  Well, I closed chrome and opened internet explorer and all worked okay  as it did 2 days ago with chrome.  So there appears to be some level of incompatibility as of yesterday with aarp.org and google chrome.  I am sure it will be ironed out soon, but just in case anyone else is having this problem, another internet engine may work for you for the aarp.org site.

Best,

Trini

Trini
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users