Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: post waste of time

Message 1 of 2

Hi Phil,

I see you've posted a few times on this site trying to reach out. Even tho I am an AARP member, I just ran across this site by searching disabled,widowed solo travel. I am a little older than you & use a cane, had back surgery that didn't help. My husband passed suddenly a yr ago after 2 weeks of illness. I have been devastated ever since. I live in Houston & have few friends as my husband was my world. We did everything & went everywhere together, I didn't need anyone or anything else & now I'm alone. I have a brother in Vegas, a sister in MI, a son in NC, but not much help as we're all so far apart.

Sort of sounds like you are in the same boat. Not sure what you are looking for, but I would like someone with whom I could travel around the country & the world. I was in the process of planning a trip to S.E Asia or the Eastern Europe (Croatia, Venice, Slovenia, Bosinia, Montenegro)when my husband took ill. Split expenses, of course as I am not a rich widow, Just the white bread & milk type.

I am presuming from your posts you are looking for a roommate or companion with whom to share your home. Unfortunately, I own my home here in Houston, but am looking to sell within the next yr & move somewher else. Probably North or South Carolia or Fla to be somewhat closer to my son. God forbid I would never want to live with them.Our lifestyles are too different. They're homebodies & there are still too many places I want to see ( S.E Asia, Eastern Europe, possibly Ireland, Scotland, Wales, maybe India, Turkey) & too many thing I want to do, ( ride an elephant, pet a tiger, snorkel the Andaman) & (eat real truffels, drive the coast, snorkel the Adriatic /Mediterranean)  Oh, I like to snorkel. I'm actually a fish out of water.

Reach out to me if you think we could could be friends. Strictly a platonic thing, of course.

Best Regards,

Gerri

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

post waste of time

Message 2 of 2

well ive introduced myself been honest and all, but still no replys. been on here for while but guess not gonna happen.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies