Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: newbie here also

Message 1 of 5

Hi Sharon. I grew up in Miami, Florida. I attended college in upstate New York (Keuka College near Penn Yan).  I experienced the four seasons in upstate N.Y.; I loved the cold, snowy winters.  After leaving college, I came to San Francisco, CA. That move happened in 1975; I've lived here "off and on" since. I love to travel and have travelled to London, England, Tanzania, Africa, Cairo, Eygpt, India Bombay & New Dehli.  State side I've lived in Chicago, IL (Lombard suburbia).  My daughter is married and she and her husband live in London, England.  I visit London each year. Like you, I can only take Florida in very small dosages.  I love the weather but the people are challeging to get to know.  Do your 4-children live in Florida?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Nothing in this area.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Hello and welcome,

You might try meetup. They have specific groups for seniors. Check here to see if there is a group in your area: http://www.meetup.com/topics/seniors-making-new-friends/

Or you could check out your local Senior Center. Ours has everything from pickleball leagues to historic reenactment groups.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Welcome, Sharon! Denese in LV.

Born and raised in MW (snow, ice, humidity); raised kids in Southern Cali; now LV old lady Smiley Wink

Being "home alone" at over 50 is not a bad thing.

Use your AARP perks and you'll be shocked the $ you will save.

You'll also be amazed the people you'll meet that aren't out to rip you off.

I always log into the AARP.org site before responding to any post. Then double-check any contact using the AARP profile settings (membership status and when joined) and google search for possible information.

Again, welcome! Email if you have any questions you think I can answer.

Stay safe!

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

newbie here also

Message 5 of 5

live in jacksonville,fl. moved here 1992 from new york and still hate it here lol,really! raised 4 children here,ran a medical practice 20 some years which just closed a year ago so now i am retired looking for new things new friends also work 1 day a week at mayo.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season