Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: hi

Message 1 of 3

Hi John,  

I enjoyed your reading your post about you and your loving family. Thank you for sharing. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: hi

Message 2 of 3

Welcome!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

hi

Message 3 of 3

I have been the primary caregiver for my mother for over seven years, with support from my brothers and sisters. My mom had a stroke one year and a year later, fell against house brick and suffered a hematoma which required emergency brain surgery. Since then she has been doing relatively well, with some dementia at 93. We just returned from our family reunion in Ohio My mother is the matriarch of the family, with five children and no remaining siblings. She enjoyed the reunion and did well with the trip and activities. I expected her to very confused and easily tired. There was some confusion, but overall she lived in the moment and loved every minute of it. I had a nice time and was able to relax and enjoy family. My brothers and sisters and in-laws and mom's grands were all helpful and supportive. She can walk with a walker, however, we used a wheelchair to get her around . It worked out very good. What helped me to not get stressed out before the trip was to start packing a week prior to leaving. That way I was able to think through what I needed to take for all occasions. I didn't overpack and had everything we needed. I'm rejuvenated and she's tired. We both have been resting since returning home. We thank God for His many blessings!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner
Top Authors