Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why only Fitbit

Message 11 of 14

I don't have either, but I walk 4.8 miles 5 times a week. I could track that on my Nano Ipod, but I don't. Still, if I could, I'd use that Nano to get R4G points.

I suspect the reason AARP allows only one brand of fitness tracker to be used to earn points is that Fitbit pays them to be promoted via R4G. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

Me, too. It was a gift.  I wasn't able to afford the more expensive one, and if AARP is all about saving money, then I would think they would include all fitness bits.  But, I suspect there may be advertising support going on for the one special brand.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14
I also have VivoFit from Garmin and have the same question.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Why only Fitbit

Message 14 of 14

I have vivofit from Garmin. Why only fitbit. I really dont think it fair to only use on brand. I love my garmin. I walk 5 mile a day and I can't get points. This is **bleep**

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season