Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Why only Fitbit

Message 1 of 14

I have a Garmin and I am a new member. Please expand to include GARMIN!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@sw5658493 

We are know this is important to our members and are actively working to bring on new devices.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

Any updates on this topic?  I really don’t want to buy a Fitbit just to get points when there are many other good fitness trackers out there

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

AARPTeri - Any update on when Garmin will be added to Rewards for Good?  Sounds like a lot of members (including me) that are serious activity trackers like Garmin.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

I also have a Garmin. It is much better than a Fitbit I had previously. I would like to be a part of your fitness program. Please expand your program to include Garmin devices. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

I have had a Fitbit for about 5 months now and just realized it is waterproof. all the employees where I work got one from the company to encourage a healthy life style.  I run a couch to 5K with my students so it helps me track our progress.

My granddaughter has a similar tracker, she paid the a lot less than mine and it does more than mine.  I think if it does what you need it to do, it does not matter what the brand name is.  I would have not bought a fitbit, but since it was given to me, I enjoy it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14
Yeah, I have Vivofit & just got a garmin fenix Chronos (saved for it a long time ;-) We need Love too!
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@LexiandMaxMom et. al.

The mission of the program is to help enrich the lives of our members by awarding reward points for completing fitness milestones as well as participating in the quizzes and tools on the AARP.org website. At this time we are only able to track fitness milestones via our partnership with Fitbit. We are in the process of exploring program integration with some of the other popular fitness devices so that we can expand this point earning opportunity.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

I was wondering the same thing. I have tried to connect but cant find out how.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

Agree with everyone here. I too have Garmin Vivofit and it's linked to 'myfitnesspal' which works well for me. I do 8-10,000+ steps every day--and I cannot log them here. Unfair. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet