Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WRITING AND PERFORMANCE GROUP/LOS ANGELES

Message 1 of 2

@ejb4501  Eric: I love this idea! Love it! Kudos to you.

I have a screenwriting background, as well as a community theatre background. I'm not on the west coast and not able to take part in this (I'm spinning about a dozen plates as fast as I can now), but wanted you to know that someone with the background you seek thinks this sounds like a total hoot. Smiley Happy

I wish you rapid and rampant success.

Kudos Thumbs Up.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

WRITING AND PERFORMANCE GROUP/LOS ANGELES

Message 2 of 2

I'm seeking to form a writing and performing group of men and women over 50 for the purposes of performing original material in Los Angeles and beyond. 

Content will specifically relate to life after 50. It will not necessarily be limited to comedy because, after all, arthritic pain, heart disease, cancer, divorce, impotence, bodies that more resemble bean bags, medicine cabinets overflowing with one prescription after another, resentful children, loving children that won't stop bugging us when we just want to watch TV and be left alone, wives and husbands who no longer satisfy our voracious sexual appetites, the loss of our voracious sexual appetites, wives or husbands that cheat on us with younger people that have voracious sexual appetites, diabetes, not being able to eat crap anymore because of risk of sudden myocardial infarctions, the onset of terror when driving on freeways, being forced to wear age appropriate clothes...well, it isn't always the stuff of high humor. Or is it? 

And that's the challenge for this group. 

The good news is that young people are getting bored with constantly looking at themselves and are genuinely entertained and moved by the stories and characters of those over 50, 60, 70, 80, 90....

The group would meet weekly. Ideas would be floated. The group would pick which ideas to pursue and script out. The group would chose 60 minutes of stuff to rehearse and perform in a show format. These shows would be marketed and placed in local theaters and such. All stuff would be videotaped for wide distribution and the building of a large audience, not limited to any particular location.

Please have SOME experience in writing, acting, and preferably have at some point worked professionally in either of those areas.

If anyone is interested, feel free to respond or send me a PM

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner with end date