With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: TOO-FREQUENT MAILINGS FOR RENEWING AARP MEMBERSHIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 44
I totally agree! I get renewals all the time.
AARP. Lighten up!!! Do what's right for the elderly.
Please!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: TOO-FREQUENT MAILINGS FOR RENEWING AARP MEMBERSHIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 44

Amen to all of the above!  After I have paid my dues, i intend to ignore all other notices.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 44
Spoiler

We need an option to display our membership expiration date.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 44

My email to AARP (Feel free to do a copy/paste):

Hello,

I am herein demanding that you stop your practice of sending numerous membership renewal notices to members who are paid up.  These notices confuse your members and, in worst case scenarios, result in members sending in duplicate payments when none are due.  You need to send only one renewal notice, a month before a current membership expires.

Further, I demand that each renewal notice has written on it, in clear, conspicuous, bold lettering: 

"CURRENT MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES: XX/XX/XXXX".

To do otherwise, as you currently do, is very confusing to your members.  Your current practice must stop NOW!

Thanks,

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 44

CALL TO ACTION!: This has gone on for far too long. AARP is scamming older folks by sending out near-constant renewal notices that result in members sending in duplicate membership renewal payments. THIS MUST STOP, NOW! Please get in touch with AARP, TODAY, and demand that all renewal notices HAVE CURRENT MEMBERSHIP EXPIRATION posted, IN BOLD LETTERING, on each and every notice sent out.

That is, each renewal notice must have the line: "CURRENT MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES: XX/XX/XXXX" clearly and conspicuously visible.

For AARP to not have this line is an obscenity, as it confuses folks who are paid up, and leads them into thinking they owe more money.

Please do not hesitate to act. We all want to stop the monthly notices we get when we are fairly certain we're already paid up for the next several months/years.

ACT NOW!

Thank-you!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 44
I agree with you, its so annoying, and it makes you think that you forgot to renew!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 44
I've been receiving letters that say if I pay my dues, my membership benefits will be reinstated. I am paid up until Feb 2017, and I pay monthly for AARP medical, life, and prescription drug coverage. Does upper management at AARP know what the hell they are doing? Pressuring people into over paying for membership? I'll send the medical bills to AARP if I receive any... since according to all your trashy letters, My benefits are no good anymore! This would make a good story for an investigative reporter, maybe I'll call CNN...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 44
I'm also sick and tired of the 3-4 HURRY AND RENEW mailings from AARP every year! Cut it out, or my wife and I quit!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 44

...being an AARP member for 10  years, I have done the membership renewal twice (5 yrs. at a time), and even after my renewal dues are paid,...at the very least, I wind up getting STILL, at least a half dozen "Reminders" ....Who is dropping the ball here? Are there no intelligent humans in Calif. to monitor this?? Talk about a HUGE waste of resources.....Man Sad

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 44

You are right just got the AARP magazine and an envelope that says it might be my last one if I don't renew but my card says I am good thru DEC 2016.  I believe I will not be renewing up anymore since they want more money every few months.  Whoever does there record keeping should be fired.  And the BBB maybe needs to look into their practices on renewals, them or somebody in law enforcement because it sounds like they are trying to steal money from members.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users