Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Seeking creative people for chatting and sharing ideas!

Bronze Conversationalist

Seeking creative people for chatting and sharing ideas!

Greetings!

I am a semi-retired artist who owns an Art Studio and Gallery in the Midwest who would enjoy chatting with seriously creative, down to earth people who enjoy life and view it with wonder!

Other artists, back roads travelers, nature lovers are all good.   Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Regular Contributor

Thank you! I know I've told that I am much younger than the average age you see in this group. My husband and I joined this group last year. We are both old souls and have recently gotten away from social medias. We've tried to spend more time in the moment rather than always being attached to our electronics.

I have always liked the idea of a pen pal. I would like to have a few if I could find them. If you're interested please let me know. 

View solution in original post

Contributor

@RosemaryF433825

You remind me of another friend running an art studio and gallery in a different part of the United States. I'd be delighted to chat with you! My part of the art world is/was pen and ink drawing together with a still active interest in photography. A link to some drawings is 

https://flickr.com/photos/22896454@N05/albums/72157612019088296

Hope to hear from you soon!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi I'm Wendell Bowen from Louisville, Ky. I've been an artist for nearly sixty years. I love painting, illustration , crafts and other things. I take a ton of photos for my projects. I've been featured on the local tv news on four seperate occasions down here. I do sell my work occasionally, but would like to be full time, HOWEVER, im trying to get my pension together; i recently retired in December 2021. Nice to meet you.20200820_133107-COLLAGE (2).jpg

Wendell Bowen
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hiya, Wendell!

Wow!  60 years of being an artist is a long time.  You've certainly got me beat!!

Sounds like you are pretty well-rounded in a lot of different areas.

Hope you're adjusting to and enjoying your new retirement freedom!

Welcome!

Rosemary

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello dmzltc...

I have had little time to be on the AARP website, as I have been placing orders with artists for the reopening of my gallery in May, as well as handling invites to art festivals.  I'm always having to stay months ahead for planning!

However, I did manage to go to the website you gave me.  It looks like you involved in many different kinds of mediums!  Can I see that felines are a favorite topic of yours.  I have three of my own!

--Rosemary F

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Rosemary, like to chat with you about your art and Gallery. This is my first time here and not sure how to work this. can you sent me reply thanks

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Welcome, Phil!

You have arrived, so you've figured out how to get here!   There are lots of great, interesting, and fun forums on the AARP website....and even games.  So I hope you'll enjoy taking your time to explore!   Again, nice to have a new face here!

--Rosemary

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

ok I guess I am this far. Do you have web site for store? I is paintings and statues that I am looking for. These would be for my home

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm afraid I don't carry any statues.

What is your location, please?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello! I am also looking for a pen pal. If you are interested I would love to hear back from you. Here is a little bit about myself. 

A little about me, I am recently married and almost 31 years old. We have two cats and a dog. I have been called an "old soul" my entire life which may be why I studied history and library science in college. I love history, listening and telling stories. I am really into puzzles, reading, gardening, baking, and crafts. I am currently learning cross stitch and baking.

Bronze Conversationalist

Good Morning, LoveofBooks!

Congratulations on your recent marriage!  

I must admit to being surprised to find a post from someone so much younger than the rest of us, as AARP is a community of people 50 and over.  How did you find us, if you don't mind my asking?

Regular Contributor

Thank you! I know I've told that I am much younger than the average age you see in this group. My husband and I joined this group last year. We are both old souls and have recently gotten away from social medias. We've tried to spend more time in the moment rather than always being attached to our electronics.

I have always liked the idea of a pen pal. I would like to have a few if I could find them. If you're interested please let me know. 

Bronze Conversationalist

@Loveofbooks   I'm afraid the purpose of my starting this group was not that I was looking for a "pen pal."  But thank you anyway.

Contributor

Hi Rosemary,

I dabble in abstract painting mostly acrylic. I have sold some paintings, but currently have our house on the the market so my painting and creativity has been on hold. I am also a nature lover and love animals and travel. I am signed up to travel with a women’s group to Africa late spring with GreenEdventures for Safari.

Bronze Conversationalist

@LISAM Hey Lisa!  Have you gotten your house sold yet?  And also, was wondering if you've gone on your African trip yet?  Would enjoy chatting more about your paintings, too.   

Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for replying!  I know what it's like to put your house on the market.  That pretty much takes over a lot of your time.  Best of luck in selling it FAST!!!!

Gosh!  Going on an African Safari....how exciting.  If you need anyone to come alone and carry your bags or lay out your clothes for you in the morning, let me know.   Ha!!

Silver Conversationalist

🤔

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Super Contributor

Hi Rosemary! I am musician living in Los Angeles, and would be happy to chat with other creative people about ideas. With all of the unrest in our country right now, I think our best way to cope is through our art, and the appreciation and preservation of nature. 

Bronze Conversationalist

@UpperHandsPiano   How go "the ivories," Upper?  

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

Hi Rosemary! So sorry, I just found this alert as I was going through old emails. Life has been good- I'm teaching both online and in-person, and I'm playing accordion weekly on my front porch with and for neighbors. I miss playing jazz piano, but so far not able to play publicly. Music has brought together a lot of my neighbors who i didn't even know until the pandemic. People report that it has "saved" them. Have you been hearing the same from visual artists? Have you been doing photography this summer?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

No worries, Upper!   You're still in my good graces!  😇. Sounds like you are super busy with your teaching and playing.  (I did not know you played accordion, too?)  That's so cool that it has brought together people you would have otherwise not even known.  So there's actually some goodness that has come out of all the chaos in our world!  What I've heard from visual artists has been a mixture... not good for art festivals and public events where they can sell their art, yet being in their studios has given them more time to be creative.  Any of my public showings outside the gallery were cancelled, and of course no one came to the gallery.  I went from being open less hours to just closing.

I haven't done much photography this summer.  We've had the strangest season here in the Midwest.  It's either dry as a desert or horrible, horrible rain and hailstorms.  Just this past week, we had tornado after tornado pass through.  (I received 6 warnings over my cellphone in less than two hours!)  If you heard mention on the news of an "inland hurricane?"   That was in my state as well.  Luckily, my personal and business buildings were all saved.  But so many in the country outside my forest suffered severe crop and building damage.  So I feel doubly blessed to be ok.     It's good to hear from you, and that life is treating you well.   

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Upper!

I have been so busy with Christmas Open House weekends, I haven't been in the community for awhile.  How have you been?  Did you have a nice Thanksgiving, and what have you been up to?    🤗

Bronze Conversationalist

After reading the profile you put together, you sound incredibly talented!!  You must be an awesome pianist to have that type of background.   I know artist friends and business associates, as well as myself agree that getting creatively involved can make us oblivious to what's happening around us.  I'm also very fortunate to own a nice amount of forest I can wander around in and experience life outside of Covid.  It would be nice if there was a section titled "Art" that people could go to to chat, but I don't know the steps to get something like that established in these forums.

Super Contributor

I just read your profile (I forgot about the profiles!) and your life seems idyllic. Of course we all face challenges, but you seem to have created such a wonderful life. Yes, I have been a musician since early childhood. Currently our neighbors have been joining my husband and I for a jam/singalong every Friday night in our front yard, and it feels magical. Everyone wears a mask and is distanced, we have a fire pit, and we take turns choosing songs to sing and play. It is so uplifting! It would never have happened had it not been for the pandemic, which makes it all the more fascinating; there is such a deep desire for people to connect, especially through the arts, and being able to do so is incredibly powerful. Are you creating art at the moment? If so, what is your medium?

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks, Upper!  My life and the way I choose to live it brings me a lot of peace.

I think it's very cool that you have formed a jam session/singalong in your front yard with your neighbors.  

I am creating some art at the moment, doing some wandering and some "shooting" as a Fine Art Photographer.  But I'm now getting ready for some Holiday Open Houses that will involve a combination of my art and the art of some very talented people as well for sale.

Art is not a "necessity,"  so we've experienced some lean times during this pandemic. We're hopeful that the holidays will prompt people to make some purchases.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP