Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Seeking Recommendation for legitimate Remote Job Opportunities

Message 1 of 2

Hi @nrhodes, and welcome to the online community.

It is difficult to suggest legitimate remote jobs for you, since I don't know of your particular skill set. I can tell you that DH and I have done a number of wage-earning things from home. Those have included making and selling organic peach, apple and pear butter; making and selling handwoven items; writing and selling articles; blogging; SEO and Google analytics, buying and selling collectibles; consulting in our areas of expertise; desktop publishing; advertising & promotion campaigns; software development; research and making herbal remedies. 

Have you checked out the Work & Job forums here? https://community.aarp.org/t5/Work-Jobs/ct-p/Work_and_Jobs  You might get ideas from others there.

Also, AARP offers quite a lot of job information and tools (seminars, et cetera) on this site. Here's a search I did using the term 'work & jobs'. Check it out: it's exhaustive! https://search.aarp.org/gss/everywhere?q=work%20%26%20jobs&intcmp=DSO-SRCH-EWHERE

I've heard of online teaching jobs. You need to speak English well and without an accent (being from the mid-west is good) and need to be available odd hours (like 5 AM-8 AM) in order to connect with the foreign students. Teaching experience is helpful.

So these are ideas to help you in your search. Best wishes!

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Seeking Recommendation for legitimate Remote Job Opportunities

Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Seeking recommendations for remote job opportunity websites.  Is virtual vocations and/or flex jobs websites legitimate?  Are there any other sites anyone recommends?

Thank you

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner with end date