Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Poll in MD - 49% want to leave the State

Message 1 of 2

Well,  nobody asked me for my vote but as fellow Marylander I have to agree I would like to leave.

But not because of taxes.   It is just a quality of life thing.  And O'Malley's insistence on adopting "Plan Maryland" for all future planning decisions is a death knell for us on the Eastern shore.  

As you know "Plan Maryland" is now legally in force which means a zero growth policy for both upper and mid-Shore.  Only Salisbury (Wicomico County) is designated as a growth zone.  

I am sick of so many stores and other businessess closing in my area in recent years.   With no growth,  the population has remained so flat they had to close two middle schools and do consolidation.  Now they are talking about closing two more elementary schools. 

There are more For Sale signs in the yards than daffodils.  New construction,  which has recovered in neighoring Delaware,  hasn't happened here.  Local services continue to be cut back.  We lost curbside recycling 3 years ago, now they are talking about cutting back trash pickup from 2X a week to once a week.   Egads!   And me with 14 litter boxes!  

btw,  I wouldn't worry about O'Malley making it to the White House.  He is going to find himself with the John Edwards problem.   Do you remember the pretty blonde news anchor on WBAL a while back,   Dina Napoli?   The rumor mill churned when she left WBAL so abruptly for a mysterious move to Europe.  Remember?  

She returned with twins and the Repubs are determined to prove O'Malley is the father.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Poll in MD - 49% want to leave the State

Message 2 of 2

On our local news it was stated that a poll of Marylanders indicated that 49% would leave the state if they could - No. 1 reason for the flight = TAXES. Our Governor and his cohorts in Annapolis believe that the middle class can sustain the Maryland economy. The middle class here is shrinking considerably. You're either LOADED or wondering if you should fill a presciption, buy gasoline or buy food. Even crazier the soon to be gone Guv is contemplating a run at President 2016. YIKES! He loves taxes - in fact he would tax taxes if he could. Don't fall into his sight gags of rolling up his sleeves for photo shoots or that I'm so absorbed in thought my voice whispers and I monotone and look left then right then left right left then right - but don't focus on anything except when I roll down the sleeves, jump in the car and be off...it doesn't pat to work overtime here - cuz the State of MD bonks you over the head, reaches in your wallet and takes it! ....

We're a Jock Tamson's bairns
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies