Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Super Social Butterfly

Re: PLEASE REPLY BY 02/15/2018

Message 1 of 5

Smart to check this out alsheda!

Quick google search of the address returns what appears to be some affiliation. Address shows Legal Counsel for the Elderly has an office there, and their website points to aarp.org:

LegalCounselfortheElderly.PNG

I receive different address from AARP (e.g., CA when I live in NV) and check them against local and state office addresses, just in case.

hth

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5

@alsheda

AARP, Inc. is the membership organization

I'm guessing is a 501(c)(4) - Social Welfare Organizations

AARP Foundation is the charitable organization - 501(c)(3) - Charitable

Charity Navigator - AARP Foundation

Tax Exempt World - AARP Foundation

Here's how the WHOLE organization looked back in 2010 from the House Ways and Means Committee

Have to ask them if this is still the way it goes - Non-profit and For-profit

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 5

Um Um

thank you for responding  Bea2846

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 5

I would say if it is a different address, just disregard. 

Cheers.

Bronze Conversationalist

PLEASE REPLY BY 02/15/2018

Message 5 of 5

I received a letter from what appears on the envelope to be sent from AARP FOUNDATION 601 E. STREET, NW WASHINGTON DC 20049.

Now due to all that's transpiring within the News Media, Social Media and all I would like to know why this address is uniquely different from what the Site inside these walls read which is:  AARP Membership Center, 3200 E. Carson St., Lakewood, CA 90712?

I don't want to be difficult, mean-spirited or deal with insinuations that might cause a strife with anyone;  But I would just like to why?

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors