CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS WANTED!

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Gold Conversationalist

Cathe,

Thank you so much for writing!!!  I couldn't find your original post or your nickname.  It's wonderful to hear from you!  Would you mind sending me private messages....it will make communication easier for me.  I will send you a private note also.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Cathe,

I'm so glad we have been able to connect via private message and email.

It is nice having someone to share daily events and exchange thoughts about our retirement life.  Can't wait to hear from you again SOON!

3356605ol4i3id2l2.gif

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Mermaidztail7 

No matter how you enter your email address you should not post it here. Everyone who reads this will know it. Why didn't you send it to the person you replied to by private message? 

Contributor

hello my name is lettty and i been going  up and downs i have 3 kids and. i work as a secretary and live in Oregon is so beautiful, i was raice in California my whole life, im a soccer mom. of 12 yrs boy.  im a survivor of Domestic Violence.

Contributor

Hello my name is Willie I hope all is well I would love to be your pen pal if that's ok with you ?
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Letty, My name is Abby I was also born and raised in California.. San Jose, California. I live in Oregon now. I moved here with my husband in 1985. Well actually he was still in the military and i moved here in oregon to his moms house with my 2 children. I love to write and definitely know the struggles that come along with Domestic Violence. Ahem... My first marriage was like that... It was a nighmare, I was verbally and physically abused, it was horrible and unfortunately took me years to overcome the feelings of being worthless, the depression, the hurt and so many other things. I also coached soccer. What a great game. Well if you ever want to talk i would be happy to write to you.. Oh yeah one more thing, I am a Latina or whats some would call hispanic mom of 4 all grown children 38,36,29,25..

Abby
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Tell us a bit about yourself. Working, retired, likes, dislikes, ?????
0 Kudos
Contributor

newbie - work from home  51 year old female in Midwest  looking for pen pal  with similar interests  / I am a very proud  Grandma and work nights. 

Regular Contributor

A complete newbie but would like to chat via snail mail or e-mail.  Am retired, live alone, like my own company but want to interact with people who enjoy corresponding.  I am sorta stranded in Ca. (long story) but born and raised on the east coast (Philly).  Love lots of things - too many to list but basically love animals, out-of-doors, art (am an equine artist), games of many kinds, camping especially, and others.  

Hope to hear from someone.  Not sure how this works but will try to figure it out.  Claire 

Contributor

Hello.  I am Lance. I'm white and 55 and am looking for someone to chat with. I'm divorced for 25+ years and have recently retired. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Hi, I'm Tracy. Under your name it say "Recognized Social Butterfly". What does that mean in this context?
Sir Granny Tracy
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi would like to be penpal! Ilive in Independence,Mo. I was born in Grove City,Pa. I am married for 44 years now. Have two grown girls and two teenage grandchildren. I quit my job March 2015. Turned 62 in July started early retirement. I am enjoying, but confused I get bored sometimes. My husband is retire too.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Sorry quit working March 2017. OPPS!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My name is Abby. I work full-time as a RV Detailer in a big company. In another month, I will have been working here a year. It is hard busy work, but since I have achy bones and am in pain every day, it helps me to keep on moving. Since I started working here I have been working 5 regular 8 hour shifts per week and typically working on both Saturdays and Sundays 5-6 hours per day. I love working and I truly enjoy the people I work with in this RV Lot. In our particular lot we all get along, There isnt any petty arguments or fights or none of that. We work hard and we laugh hard too!! I feel lucky and blessed to work with a wonderful group of people!! I do have 2 College Degrees in counseling but after 4 years, even though I was a pretty good counselor , it wasnt the clients that I struggled with but other counselors. So I stopped working in the field. After that I worked with Alzheimer/ Dimentia folks. I loved my folks and enjoyed them so greatly.. They had the best most fascinating stories. We had great times. Although they didnt remember my name or anything like that, we still did fun things together. People may think I could never do this type of work, but I grew to love them all and would do anything for anyone of the folks. I did that for a year, than had measly jobs here and there. But this one as a detailer is a keeper because I can apply for other jobs within the company. So theres plenty of room for advancement!!

Abby
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Abby, 

I worked for a Yogi Bear Campground for seven years and loved it!  

I met so many awesome people, got to see a lot of great rigs and I have so many memories! 

Periodic Contributor

I dont think im actually looking to find Pen Pals, but i love to write and would be willing to be a pen Pal. I can be a source of great talk and help to some. Great for a good laugh, all kinds of great qualities. Im Married 32 years, 4 adult kids, 3 grandkids, Work full time as an RV Detailer, I live in Oregon. If you just want to chat I would love that!! Need a pen pal im here...

ABBY

Abby
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP