AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Orange County, California/east coast senior orphan

Message 1 of 5
  1. Hi Claire. My name is Steffi. I am kind of new to this part of the AARP site. It just stumbled across it and saw your post. I thought I would send an email and maybe we can be penpals. Read you are currently in California but come from the Philly area. I grew up in northeast Philly and now live in bucks county right outside of Philly. I currently work full time hoping to retire the end of next year. I would like to go part time starting in March 2020 through the end of the year. I am married for the second time and we have 3 dogs and a summer mobile home at the Jersey shore. I love to crochet mostly for neo-natal unit at local hospital and nursing home residents. Well that is a summary of my current life. If interested in corresponding drop me a line and tell me about yourself. Looking forward to hearing from you. Steffi
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Hi Claire,

Yes, you did everything correct. When you get a notification of this message, just click on the title (or go to the Introduce Yourself forum and find the thread there to click on the title) and you'll see all the subsequent messages to your original post.

Vicki

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Am not sure what's going on.  I clicked "Introduce Yourself", put my interests info out there but have no idea where my message is now.  It says I have one reply but I think it's my message - I couldn't find it. 

I know my message is very exclusive to a very narrow area (Orange County, Ca.) but I would like to meet up with anyone in any of the cities of O.C.  Is the way I did this ok??

Claire Owens   

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Hi @co84506256,

Welcome to the online community! Hope you've been looking around and finding some interesting discussions (or maybe starting some of you own). If you haven't already found it, you might want to check out Our Front Porch. There are lots of posts each day with members checking in and sharing a variety of topics--a great way to meet others here.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions,

Vicki

Online Community Manager

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Orange County, California/east coast senior orphan

Message 5 of 5

Am retired, living alone - tho' I do enjoy my own company some, I love social interaction and find it less and less. Wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to write or even meet for coffee.  I am a in my 70's, healthy enough, family not nearby (except 1 daughter), dread holidays tho' I love Xmas, family activities.  I adore animals (espec. horses), day trips (private), camping, and playing games for fun.  Anyone game?

I DO have a few caveats - I am a basic right-winger, have faith in God, love home-life, feel all races are just fine, a person's age is of little importance, and love the mountains and beach (shore, on the east coast).  thumbnail (4).jpgthumbnail (2).jpg20181018_153146.jpg20180923_113210.jpg20180820_091524.jpg         

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs