Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX is STILL not accessable online for my Account and has also mismanged my Meds.

Message 1 of 2

@pczachor  We are sorry to hear about the experience you have encountered with an AARP branded service provider. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact us directly at member@aarp.org with your name, AARP Member ID, contact number and address. Please be sure to provide us with the details from this post in your email. We will have someone reach out to you who can discuss your concerns in detail. 

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Optum RX is STILL not accessable online for my Account and has also mismanged my Meds.

Message 2 of 2

I have been dealing with my Account and Prescription ordering with Optumrx now since 9/27/17. Their Website is a mess. I cannot login, even using the correct info. After attempting to login (properly) the website sends me to their "you need to Register Form" page. So I've filled it out and hit Submit. It then says "You are registered" you need to call the Tel. # on the back of your Membership card. Well this is where the fun begins. CS (Customer Service) states their system is getting an upgrade and to try login later that day, as they cannot access Member Accounts. Six calls to CS. in a week,  has gotten me to: "try login in 24 hrs, 48 hrs , etc. Via email, I asked how is it possible that when I use my login info, I can get partially in and "Manage my ID" and edit my information, but cannot access my Meds?  CS. can't answer that. This nonsense gets better.  Frustrated and running low on Meds, I used their automatic RX to order three of my Meds. They only shipped two of them. There was no information included as to why my 3rd Med wasn't shipped. This Med is important as it is for my heart. I made yet another call to Optimrx CS. who finally got into my Account. CS. stated "We don't carry that Med anymore" Stunned, I asked the obvious of "When was OptumRX going to inform me of this?" She asked for me to hold. She came back on the phone and stated there is a "National shortage of this (very common) Med. She gave me a Tel # to call periodically to check when it will be back in stock. I said that if my Order is on the books, can you just ship it when it comes in?  She said they couldn't do that. I asked is there a suggested substitute Med?, she couldn't answer that either. I contact my Cardio Dr. and he prescribed a substitute and called it in to my LOCAL Walgreens to tide me over. Wait, it still gets better! Two days after I received the partial Med Order mentioned above, I got a letter from Optum RX that they can't ship one of my Meds, but it wasn't the Med on National Shortage!  In this latest shipment WAS the Med "they couldn't ship". I also know for a fact that it have Refills left on this Med anyway. I am going to Seek another Meds Supplier as this has not been the first time OptumRX has messed with handling Meds for numerous other reasons. IMO AARP should stop using OptumRX.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies