From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Open letter to AARP to get more serious about dealing with the Rewards for Good fiasco

Message 1 of 9

@kh57799139  We are so sorry to hear about this experience you are having with Rewards to Good.  We have credited your account for the points that were used and are looking into your situation further.  We will send you a private message upon learning anything further we learn and again apologize for the poor expereince you had.

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Open letter to AARP to get more serious about dealing with the Rewards for Good fiasco

Message 2 of 9

I just had my first experience with Rewards for Good and will NEVER use it again.  I ordered a robotic vacuum and used points for a discount, and my credit card was charged $454.66 that same day.  The email order confirmation promised that I would receive another email when the item shipped.  Ten days passed and I never received another email, so I call and was given absolutely no information or assurances that the item would ship at all.  Was told it ships from a third party and takes up to10 days to ship from the warehouse (but it hadn't yet shipped and the rep couldn't tell me why).

Called again a week later.  Same run around.  Asked that order be cancelled and refunded.  Three days passed and no refund appeared on my CC, so I had to call my CC company, Chase, who took the charge off my account and filed a complaint with Rewards Redemption (866-257-3927 GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!).

Never again.  Really disgusted. Could have ordered for practically the same price on Amazon and got the item in a day.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@Tomsowa and @Epster

Thank you both for your feedback.  We will be having someone contact you directly in the next few days.  We appreciate your loyalty!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@ReTiReD51 What a great idea, unfortunately it is something that takes a bit of work and cannot be done quickly.  We will be looking into how we can do this in the future!

Thank you.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@ReTiReD51 wrote:

It’d be nice if we could somehow convert these ‘rewards for good’ points towards helping the flood victims in Texas and Louisiana.

https://foundation.aarp.org/site/Donation2?15325.donation=form1&df_id=15325&mfc_pref=T&s_src=AARPweb...

@ReTiReD51  I like it!

Perhaps AARP could start a rewards point fund; sell that to, say, one of the oil companies, and donate the proceeds to, say, Samaritan's Purse's relief efforts.

Hm...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

It’d be nice if we could somehow convert these ‘rewards for good’ points towards helping the flood victims in Texas and Louisiana.

https://foundation.aarp.org/site/Donation2?15325.donation=form1&df_id=15325&mfc_pref=T&s_src=AARPweb...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

I'd like to see the R4G site fixed. I mean, giving us double points on selected tasks for a limited time and new one-time points earning tasks are great, but it would be so much better if:

1.) Users did not have to drill down to apparently secret pages to find point earning tasks. 

2.) ALL English tasks also had Spanish versions.

3.) There was uniformity in the availability of points from those Spanish version tasks. (Some simply do not work; others will tell you via pop-up that the rewards are invalid; others will give points.)

4.) IF points earning opportunities arose from watching videos, attending seminars and playing games, that fact were made abundantly clear, and also universally accessible. (People without Flash are left out here. The choice: security risk or points.)

5.) One did not have to turn off AdBlock in order to get some points earning tasks to work. 

6.) Said ads didn't tend to crash the $*%^&#2 site. (Excuse my language.)

7.) Renewing tasks were grouped for user convenience so we don't have to hunt all over the place. Place them all at the top or bottom or in one row of the section, please. 

8.) The points earning page contained ALL of the points earning tasks. (Why must we hunt around for the recipe search? Why have I had to find points earning tasks and then create post after post revealing those apparently secret tasks to other users?)

9.) Broken tasks need to be fixed. I can go on and on about which R4G tasks are broken, and which ones have been broken for over a year, but will save that bit of knowledge for someone who can do something about it.

10.) Stop giving users the runaround. Make customer service accessible, useful and easy to interact with. Post both their toll free number and email address in prominent places on the R4G site.

11.) Give us value for our time. At this moment 1000 rewards points is worth a $10 discount. It takes me about 5 days to earn 1000 points. (eye rolling emoticon goes here)

Epster, suddenly about 10 pounds lighter Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@Tomsowa  Thank you. I agree with what you've said about R4G, and would add that our AARP 'discounts' are embarrassing at best. A 10% discount is nothing, and can easily be found without spending time clicking around to earn Rewards points, then using those hard-earned points to buy the 10% discount. Let's get real discounts and let's create a rewards program that serves seniors rather than administrators.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Open letter to AARP to get more serious about dealing with the Rewards for Good fiasco

Message 9 of 9

About three weeks ago on this forum I posted some comments critical of the Rewards for Good program, which in my view is not well run. And which, in my view, is abysmal and probably operated by some third party company in a fraudulent, not fully accountable manner.

A number of other users had comments that they added to my original post.

Then last week, an AARP community monitor (Sandy) came along and posted the following response:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Rewards for Good program.  It’s critical that we hear from you as we work on improving the experience.

We continue to find ways to add new features that will improve Rewards for Good.  Some recent changes requested by users like you include:

The addition of messaging that lets you know when the 5,000 daily points limit has been reached. The ability to see your points total in the header when on a mobile phone. The ability to set a maximum bid in auctions vs. manual bidding. This mirrors best practice auction experiences that are used on other popular bidding websites and was developed based on feedback from many of our auction participants.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.  We appreciate your continued patronage as we work on creating an exceptional experience for our members.Thank you. Sandy

I appreciate the answer made by Sandy. I hope this post doesn't see the same bland response. 

I would also like -- in this public forum. -- to invite someone within AARP to provide me (by private message if need be) an email address to contact someone who is an administrator to whom I can direct some further questions about the Rewards program.

Certainly Sandy might have provided me her address, but she didn't. 

That failure seems to underline my concern that a lack of transparency pervades much of AARP.when it comes to members wanting to voice some legitimate criticism at the Rewards for Good program.

I urge Sandy or other AARP admins to open the windows a bit and let members have some direct input on these concerns. Without that invovlement, the result will be more disapproval and disgruntlement.

There are alternatives to the current company running that program. It's sad AARP doesn't care enough to go through a full review of how it's being operated. 

tom sowa

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season