Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Newest ACE! @RetirementAngelaVA

Before we head into the holiday weekend, I wanted to introduce our latest ACE whom achieved the badge just a few days ago! Very active in the community over the past six months, @Anonymous has spent her time being helpful in what seems like just about every forum!

Having joined AARP and retiring all in the past year or two, She has been teaching herself Spanish and loves gardening which was passed on to her from her grandmother! Currently, she is in search for tiny cottage to rent in VA. 

Say Hello!

Kudos
Views
Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Everyone!

Join me in the following discussions. Hope to see your there 🙂 🙂 🙂

FORUMS

1. Retirement. (a) Ranking of Best and Worst States for Retirement (b) Did You Retire Where You Wanted To Live?
  2. Social Security. Would You Move To A Foreign Country On Social Security?
  3. Housing. Tiny Home/Tiny Cottage
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous congrats on the ACE status.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @sandy  🙂 If you do not mind my asking, what areas are you an AARP Community Manager? No pressure to respond.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Anonymous.  I oversee the AARP Online Community on AARP.org.  It's a small team, and we enjoy engaging with folks like you.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @sandy 🙂 🙂 🙂

Community Manager
Community Manager

Yay @Anonymous ‌‌‌‌🎉🎉🎉

‌‌How are you teaching yourself Spanish? Yo hablo espanol! Quizas lo podamos practicar?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AARPRachelA and yes to your offer in Spanish (you said, I speak Spanish! Maybe we can practice it?) I did it and French in High School but didnot continue over the years. Lol, did attempt a few times since then with the free online sites, YouTube, books, Spanish TV and radio, CD's and so on. Even tried the free Spanish conversation thing at a library in Manassa, Virginia when I use to live there February 2015 to July 2017 but it was hard to participate due to job hours. Since retiring last year July 2020, I thought about the free classes seniors get at my local state college. But want to go on campus. Not into online anything. Luv the people interaction. I had asked when and if AARP planned on offering the AWARD games and videos in Spanish last year via your chat tool. Was told it is a project in progress. I no longer play the games or watch the videos, boring for me, but will if and when a Spanish option is available. How did you learn Spanish? I know our @Rhymesometimes   wants to learn too. There is a post about her brother moving to Spain. Hmmm, maybe we can start a Spanish Forum!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @AARPMichaelP 🙂 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP