Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Newest ACE! @AvocadoDog

Conversationalist

Haw!  I didn't even know this was a thing!  I saw that little red splotch by my user image and I thought "Time to wipe down the screen again and stop eating in front of the laptop, you slob!" and then I thought "Put on your readers, you dope! It's a little ace icon!" and then I realized "The fact that you know what 'readers' are and suddenly have countless pairs around the house, you're probably on AARP and have been bestowed a high honor.  ...You bum!"

Anyway, I'm delighted. Thank you.  And thank you all for the well wishes.   

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 4.06.11 PM.png

Social Butterfly

Avocado Dog,  Welcome as a newly minted ACE contributor.  Humor and totally random trivia is a winning combo in my book.  Avocados are my favorite food ( next to dark chocolate, of course )  I think it's my California upbringing.  How did you come up with avocado dog?  Christine

Conversationalist

"How did you come up with avocado dog?"

It's from something Huell Howser said once. As someone from California, I'll bet you know of Huell!

Social Butterfly

Viewed some of Huell Howser's clips, what was a wonderful lovable guy and definitely a goodwill ambassador to California. Christine.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AvocadoDog This legitimately made me laugh out loud over here! Congrats and welcome. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @AvacadoDog and congrats on your ACE status.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@AvocadoDog since you are a cesspool of useless knowledge, what's a random fun fact you know?

Conversationalist

Hmm...Well, here's something: You know that sort of iconic 80s look — black and white stripes, squiggles, bold colors, geometric shapes...?  It's called "Memphis" or "Memphis Design" after "Memphis Milano," the Italian design group that developed it. I never knew it had a name, and then I happened upon a book about it.

There. That's pretty random. Fun results may vary.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Community Manager

I find this fact to be both fun and random!

Regular Contributor

Congratulations @AvocadoDog! Welcome to the ACE Club!

@AARPMichaelP 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP