Search

New Members Check In Spot ๐Ÿ˜

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Members Check In Spot ๐Ÿ˜

Hello New Members!

We are so glad you decided to join us.

• How are you doing today?

๐Ÿ’ฅTo reply to this post, click on reply button at bottom of post, enter your text, then click reply again๐Ÿ’ฅ

• How is your weather these days?
  • Family okay? Pets okay?
  • Back to work if you are not retired?
  • If retired, anything planned?
  • And anything else you want to share.
  • Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
Conversationalist

Not a new member here, but I see your posts among others in my inbox and thought I'd say hi. I was posting on here a lot more a year or so ago, but just have no time right now. Off to bed for me now!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you are having an awesome day/night ๐Ÿ˜

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Weather here in PA is great today. Dealing with chronic gastric issues. Test results are good, so I am not sure of the cause. Consulting with a Dietician on Friday. Will likely start a new diet this weekend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JackE404783 wrote:

Weather here in PA is great today. Dealing with chronic gastric issues. Test results are good, so I am not sure of the cause. Consulting with a Dietician on Friday. Will likely start a new diet this weekend.

๐Ÿ’ฅHi @JackE404783 so sorry to hear this! ๐Ÿ˜ž I am sure a diet change would be a move in a positive direction. Good hearing from you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you have an awesome day/night Newbies ๐Ÿ˜
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Not retired yetโ€ฆsoon.

Periodic Contributor

I just posted on another thread. I am a retired Social Worker and my wife is a retired State employee. We are raising our grandchildren, one of whom is Autistic. The situation is challenging at times, but has given our retirement a sense of purpose.

sense of

Social Butterfly

@JackE404783  So impressed and inspired that you are taking on the full-time responsibilities of raising your grandchildren.  They are lucky and blessed to have two grandparents wanting to give their grandchildren the love, care and direction for a chance of a brighter future.  Congratulations, and may you be blessed too.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅSunday - June 13, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @JackE404783 I use to play the piana when I was younger. Hated my mandatory lessons = didnot have a choice. Now I wish I had continued. ๐Ÿ™„ I am presently re-learning Spanish. Another wish I had continued. Lol, the regrets we sometimes have about our rebellious childhood. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It's interesting how I got into piano. I started by buying my wife a Yamaha keyboard for her birthday. I later took the online tutorial and subsequent lessons. In my role as a clinical Social Worker, I found that playing music for the Veterans whom I was serving a great connection. Years later, I read an article in AARP Magazine, suggesting that learning a musical instrument was a great way to avoid Dementia. I've been taking lessons ever since. You're correct; when someone else promotes lessons, it's often unpleasant. When one explores music for personal reasons, it's wonderful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅSunday - June 13, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @JackE404783 exactly!!! That is why I brought up my only child differently. Lol, she was just like me. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I gave her choices on some things like college (on campus) or a job with her own place at age 18. I knew I would end up in jail if she stayed home after age 18. ๐Ÿ™„ Thank goodness she chose college, now has her Master's, working as a Software Tester, bought her first house last year. Proud of her and we are now besties. ๐Ÿค— 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

That's wonderful, Angela. I've become increasingly spiritual over recent years, following some health issues. Our son and I mended fences the night before my heart surgery twenty-one years ago, and have been close ever since. He followed me into Social Work and is going for his Master's Degree while working. He overcame issues years ago and we are very proud of him. Great job by you and your daughter, Angela.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JackE404783 wrote:

That's wonderful, Angela. I've become increasingly spiritual over recent years, following some health issues. Our son and I mended fences the night before my heart surgery twenty-one years ago, and have been close ever since. He followed me into Social Work and is going for his Master's Degree while working. He overcame issues years ago and we are very proud of him. Great job by you and your daughter, Angela.

๐Ÿ’ฅHi @JackE404783 I was not able to mend the fences with my parents, now deceased. I have 2 brothers I had to walk away from to save my sanity. I treasure my daughter ๐Ÿค— Glad you are okay and have worked things out with your son. ๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I just activated my AARP membership card. My name is Cindy. Iโ€™m from coldwater, Mississippi I just had my 52nd birthday ๐Ÿ˜ข 

Iโ€™m trying to navigate through all this info and the benefits, itโ€™s a bit overwhelming!!!  
  Thank you for offering your assistance!!! 

Social Butterfly

@CynthiaL286377  Welcome to the fifty plus on-line community. Enjoy the different forums.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅFriday - June 11, 2021 10am EST๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @CynthiaL286377 so glad you stopped by ๐Ÿ˜ I just came home from a 9am medical appointment. Do you have any particular interests? And Happy Belated Birthday!!!! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Happy belated birthday, Cindy. I'm retired and we're raising our grandchildren and taking piano lessons

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are honored to have you with us!

1. Hit reply button at bottom of this discussion.
  2. Enter your text.
  3. Hit reply button again at bottom of the screen you are writing in.
  4. This will post your stuff.
  5. Feel free to PM (Private Message) or post here if you need any help. Lol, we have all been newbies before and grateful for the seasoned members' help.

Lots of hugs coming your way ๐Ÿ˜

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yep I'm a newbie (to the aarp website anyway).  Still working full time, from home, which saves on commuting hassles at least. One other advantage of working from home - I can play SiriusXM on my personal laptop without needing headphones (no coworkers to disturb). Doing alright these days, as are my wife and parents; all vaccinated. Looking forward to getting out a little more, though still playing it safe. 

Social Butterfly

@Mike7SoCal  Welcome to the on-line community.  Lots of different forums to visit.  Hope you find what you want, whether it's information, entertainment, meeting people with similar interests.  Jump in.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅJune 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Hi @Mike7SoCal good to hear from you ๐Ÿ˜ Are you finding what you need on our board? Awesome you and your family are doing okay.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm new to the forum but not AARP. I apologize to everyone in advance as I learn how to post and respond. The design and posting is new to me so it's a bit overwhelming. I decided to explore the forums to beat "isolation blues."

#Sunshine
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP