Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Info Seeker

New to the website

Message 1 of 1

I am new to this website. I have recently quit a job working with mental health due to the ratio of me, the worker with 4-5 clients continuously through 8-16 hours with no breaks. I have done this work for 4 years and became burnt out and stressed out. I received my bachelors in social work at the age of 57 but could not get promoted at work. The younger workers with less experience made more than me and got promoted. This was disheartening as I was an excellent worker with a stellar attendance record. Like the days when I was younger this is not a reward any longer, at least not for the non-profit I worked for. I am searching for a position to which I am appreciated. Thank you, it felt good to put this into writing to those who understand. :-)

Report Inappropriate Content
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors