Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New to the site and have a few questions

Message 1 of 3

On that membership: DH was included in the lifetime membership I bought 5ish years back. Not the case on the year to year? 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New to the site and have a few questions

Message 2 of 3

@d21020g DH uses the mobile app on his phone and gets certain discounts that way. We have yet to use grocery coupons because there simply aren't any for fresh produce (AARP please consider this another request. Smiley Happy), which is mostly what we buy. So I'm not aware of an ability to use manufacturer coupons via cell phone. (Can somebody help us out here? Thanks. Smiley Happy)

We are years away from actual retirement (though I stopped accepting clients years ago) so at the moment we are finding information to be the biggest benefit. We did save nicely on iTunes gift cards last year, and have purchased other gift cards at 12-20% off (via Rewards for Good) plus we've used travel discounts, though frequent travelers will likely pop on here and tell you that better discounts can be had through other means. (I do not dispute this; I just do not know it first hand.)

I saved on the AARP driver safety class and used the completion certificate to save on my auto insurance. 

Movies for Grownups gets you a free night out. We've been fortunate to attend some of those events.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

New to the site and have a few questions

Message 3 of 3

Hi all, my name is Debra and I live in Maine.  I am about to be an empty nester in the fall.  My husband, Rick, is a lobsterman.  I am a financial analyst for a major power utility company.  We enjoy camping at our seasonal site with our Golden Retriever, Sam.     

I purchased a membership for my husband and myself and am just beginning to navigate all the site options.  I am interested in purchasing coupons.  Do they have to be printed or is there an option for an electronic version on the AARP app?  I don't see that option but may be missing it.  What benefits to do all of use the most? 

Deb   

Kudos
Views
Replies