Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: New to community - hospice caregiver who just lost a friend

Message 1 of 3

Hi, I'm a newbie in Central New York.  I am homebound and need new friends to chat with.  Does anyone still use this "Community?"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: New to community - hospice caregiver who just lost a friend

Message 2 of 3

@AprilH54  Welcome to the AARP Community!  Great photo!  We have a caregiving forum that I think you would be great posting in - take a look https://community.aarp.org/t5/Caregiving/ct-p/Caregiving

Let us know if you have questions we can help answer.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

New to community - hospice caregiver who just lost a friend

Message 3 of 3

Hello, my introduction...I am a wife of 31 years, a mom of 3 grown kids and a grandma of three little boys.  I am a Democrat and my husband is a Republican.  We don't talk politics much.  I love CNN and he doesn't.

I am a lifetime learner and am still going to college at 54.  I have a BA in Marketing and an MAOM in Public Administration.  I am now working on an M.Ed. in Special Education, and still don't know exactly what I want to be when I grow up.

I have been working home health care for the past few years.  I have made some wonderful friends.  All of my people are now hospice, and I lost my first friend, Max, a few weeks ago.  He was a WW2 Veteran, a semi-pro baseball player, coach, teacher and sheriff of my hometown - quite a distinguished gentleman; and I was so glad to help him have a happy end of life.  I have been studying to be a teacher, but Max was convinced that this job suits me better. 

Thanks for reading about me, have a great day!  All comments welcome.

13443.jpegThis is me in my "happy place" with two of my grandsons

Kudos
Views
Replies