Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New here

Message 1 of 10

Hi !  My name is Barbara and I am a young 62. Still working- hoping to keep working but there are challenges. I stepped down as a managing pharmacist to just be a regular pharmacist when my husband started having memory issues. Now with new management , I feel they are trying to push out the old lady with all their demands. Most of the others are much younger pharmacists. We have no family around and our 2 adult kids ( single ) live in NYC. I took care of my father 20 years ago with Alzheimers. It was tough. Then his brother ( my uncle ) and his sister ( my aunt ) also developed Alzheimers and  both passed 8-  10 years ago. I'm scared for myself - am I my father ? I want to keep working and challenging myself but also need to be around for my wonderful husband. I'm trying to develop resources and I am struggling.  Any thoughts or ideas ?

Barbara in Florida 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

I took care of my dear Mother-in-Law, with Alzheimers for several years.

If you have any Questions; please ask.?

One thing to remember is that they live in the present moment; and to bring as much joy to that moment as you can, by using music, videos, etc.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

I am a Grand Ma. I have 4 Grands now.

My newest Grandson lives with his family in BC. Canada.

I love all my Grands. I love singing to them !

They are all terrific. The oldest grand is 17. wow, time flies.

I just became the New Kitchen Witch- Chair at our Church.

I do what I can to help keep our Church Kitchen Clean.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Happy birthday (for June)

I am also new at this.  Just joined today.  I have a husband with the big "A".  Hard word for me to say.  Doing my best to keep him happy & safe.  I have learned soooo much about caregiving its amazing.  Be happy to share things that might be of assistance to anyone.

@Epster wrote:

@ss3900 wrote:

Hi, everybody -- I'll be 67 in June, and I'm new to this chatroom.  Just want to say hello.

@ss3900 Hello! Welcome. Come on in and sit a spell, as they used to say. Smiley Happy

@Epster wrote:

@ss3900 wrote:

Hi, everybody -- I'll be 67 in June, and I'm new to this chatroom.  Just want to say hello.

@ss3900 Hello! Welcome. Come on in and sit a spell, as they used to say. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

New Here Meeting

Message 5 of 10

Sure, Mary -- Sounds good, and thank you.

Steve

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

HI.  I'm new here too.  I think I'll try to create /add an introduction thread we can all join so we make connections.  Maybe better than each starting individual threads like this one ... meet me there?

Mary
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@ss3900 wrote:

Thanks, Epster!  This is a new interface to me, so I'll be trying to sort it out for a while.  I still work, but I want to make some new acquaintances / friends if I can.  AARP's a good organization. 

Best wishes for the transition.

Agreed: AARP is a good organization. Maybe not perfect, but nothng is. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Thanks, Epster!  This is a new interface to me, so I'll be trying to sort it out for a while.  I still work, but I want to make some new acquaintances / friends if I can.  AARP's a good organization. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@ss3900 wrote:

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

New here

Message 10 of 10

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark