Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New Senior Lady

Message 1 of 11

IMG-20170115-WA0009.jpgHere are two pictures of our Cat "Pepper" My wife and I have no children but we have Pepper and i tell you, this cat is pretty darn smart. We live in Jacksonville, Florida. Pepper was adopted in 2015 at a local adoption Fair here in Jacksonville. I hope you will enjoy these Pepper Pics.IMG-20170115-WA0011.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

Thanks for the reply.  I'm slow sometimes too.  Haven't painted in the last few weeks but hope to get back to it soon.  My husband now has Home Health coming so I try to be here so he will be more comfortable. Hope we can be friends.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

Hi c948158b

I'm glad you wrote me, sorry I have been so late with a reply.  No, I don't paint, just make costume jewelry and other crafts with beads, like Christmas Trees, and even banners.  I have been dealing with medical problems and a sick cat which I lost in October.  I have a new kitten now with some behavior problems, but that is because he was a stray cat.  Anyway,  would be happy to write to you, just know that sometimes I am slow to reply due to other problems.  I also do online surveys mostly for money but sometimes for charity or gift cards.  Craftmaker

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

I'm a senior lady and my hobby is oil painting. I like to paint portraits. Do you paint those?

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: REPLY: New Senior Lady

Message 5 of 11

Hi, Since I have not received a reply to my question about my project I will tell you about it.

I have started a petition on the Whitehouse.gov website to end the Statue of Limitations on Rape and other sexual crimes.  The repeal will allow all older cases as well as new cases to be prosecuted.  I need help getting the petition signed by May 11.  As soon as I get a reply as to being allowed to post the link, I will do so. 

I don't have many family left or close friends, so I need help with this project.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

@PattyDiane wrote:

Hi CraftMaker: Your name really caught my eye.  It sounds like we have a lot in common.  I'm also 71 and divorced.  I've always done a lot of crafts and also painting, although lately I've discovered fiction writing that I post mainly on the "Short Stories to Share" site.  My latest game addiction is "Trizzle".

Hi PattyDiane,

Thanks for writing.  I started with leather carving when I was in high school, then started making costume jewelry and some repairs (I don't really work with sterling silver because of the cost).  I also make beaded decorations like Christmas Trees, ornaments and beaded banners.  Since I can't make everything, I also buy some things to re-sell.  Since I do crafts, I thought CraftMaker was a good fit.  Some times I wish I could have a website, but I don't have help and it's hard to take pictures without a camera.

I love solitaire and Mah Jongg, and even though I have tried some of the other games, I get so frustrated because they time out too quickly.

My big love is cats and most anything related to cats.  I have found some really neat cat shows on the Animal Planet. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

Yes, I do keep fairly busy.  I also work online surveys for some extra cash.  Lately, I have not been feeling real well, so I have not made much new jewelry.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

REPLY: New Senior Lady

Message 8 of 11

Hi!

I'm curious....what is your "secret" project?

CAT.gif

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Hi CraftMaker: Your name really caught my eye.  It sounds like we have a lot in common.  I'm also 71 and divorced.  I've always done a lot of crafts and also painting, although lately I've discovered fiction writing that I post mainly on the "Short Stories to Share" site.  My latest game addiction is "Trizzle".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

Sounds like you're keeping busy, so tv is a great way to give yourself a break.

I didn't see any question.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors