Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New Friends

Message 1 of 2

@CUBANA48 wrote:

I moved to Deerfield Beach, Florida 3 yrs. ago and I love it here yet is lonely, a few freinds at work, but home lonely no one to talk or share a good conversation and some fun.

Just wondering if their is any one out there close by. or not someone to share conversation or meeting.

Hi @CUBANA48, Magda, I saw your other post about wanting to make friends, and I agree, it isn't always easy to make new friends after a move. Posting here is a good way to chat with others, so hurrah to you for making that step!  I suggest finding a topic you care about and jumping into the conversation. 

I've moved a lot in my life and have had to find new friends a lot because of it. Here's what I learned: when I volunteered in my community I inevitably connected to people who shared my interests.

I recently acquired a gaggle of friends by doing something I love (competitive cycling). By doing what I love I found a group of people --some scattered over the country, some right here at home-- who share my passion and with whom I can share my joys and frustrations.  These senior athletes have become exceptional friends, some of the best friends I've ever had, actually.

So this is me basically saying that the old saw about finding new friends by engaging in what you love is true. Smiley Happy

I wish you every happiness, and more new friends than you can shake a stick at. Smiley Happy

animated handdrawn hello.gif

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

New Friends

Message 2 of 2

I moved to Deerfield Beach, Florida 3 yrs. ago and I love it here yet is lonely, a few freinds at work, but home lonely no one to talk or share a good conversation and some fun.

Just wondering if their is any one out there close by. or not someone to share conversation or meeting.

Magda
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Share your best experiences traveling while caregiving.

woman taking selfie with man in wheelchair on the beach

Top Authors